Active chameleon

Newynewport

hi guys just a inquiry but my chameleon moves around quite a lot seems restless sometimes and when the viv is opened he's straight out is this normal ?

hi guys just a inquiry but my chameleon moves around quite a lot seems restless sometimes and when the viv is opened he's straight out is this normal ?

There are soooooo many things that could cause a chameleon to be restless in their cage and try to escape. Here are just some:

Something is they can see is frightening them,
HE might be a SHE and getting ready to lay eggs,
the chameleon might be hungry,
the cage might be much too small or sparsely furnished or furnished in the wrong places,
the temps might be wrong,
s/he might be looking for a mate,
you might have a chameleon that is not coping with confinement/captivity.

The list is endless.

Can you give us a bit more information on your chameleon and his set up? Pictures always help.

There are soooooo many things that could cause a chameleon to be restless in their cage and try to escape. Here are just some:

Something is they can see is frightening them,
HE might be a SHE and getting ready to lay eggs,
the chameleon might be hungry,
the cage might be much too small or sparsely furnished or furnished in the wrong places,
the temps might be wrong,
s/he might be looking for a mate,
you might have a chameleon that is not coping with confinement/captivity.

The list is endless.

Can you give us a bit more information on your chameleon and his set up? Pictures always help.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 133
Ah, a big male veiled. I think you are describing some typical behavior. I think most veileds wants a lot more room than we give them.

Ah, a big male veiled. I think you are describing some typical behavior. I think most veileds wants a lot more room than we give them.
Ok mate cheers for the advice I'll try and give him as much free space as I can just this may have been something else

Back
Top Bottom