Acting weird in his new enclosure...

Kittyrocc

So today Jose Jalapeño has a new enclosure:D...

It is set up similar to his original enclosure, but since it's bigger he has more sticks and plants.... of course....

But as soon as he was transfered over he has been so active.... he's roaming up and down he even walked right up to my husband and starting eating worms in front of him, which is extremely odd for him... all that is okay...

But what is worrisome is he's walking up to the plants and biting them.... He acts like a dog, he bites and tries to rip it?

Does anyone have any clue as to why:confused:?

Could be he just likes the plants. If they're safe list plants I wouldnt worry much, sounds like hes enjoying his new enviroment. You know they 'taste' their surroundings too.
Might be just seeing what this interesting plant is. :)

Give him some kale, or collards, maybe not as huge as I do. Just happens to be Mr. Happiness like them big! I think that is his new name actually:).

Its funny they have their own personalities, my Homer has never been even vaguely interested in veg or fruit, eventually I got tired of seeing wilted veg impaled on branches and ignored. :)
He gets plenty via feeder gutload though. So far the female isnt too keen either.

My veiled knows where I put his veggies and will come over immediately and gobble them up. He loves em! Kale, mustard, collards, and dandelions are great to use, and they help a lot with hydration too. I started by clipping a few pieces of veggies to the fake leaves I saw him try to eat the most and then he associated that spot with real veggies and doesn't try to eat any others. And he waits for the real veggies to be there, doesn't ever try to eat fake ones anymore. They're clever in their own ways. :)

My veiled knows where I put his veggies and will come over immediately and gobble them up. He loves em! Kale, mustard, collards, and dandelions are great to use, and they help a lot with hydration too. I started by clipping a few pieces of veggies to the fake leaves I saw him try to eat the most and then he associated that spot with real veggies and doesn't try to eat any others. And he waits for the real veggies to be there, doesn't ever try to eat fake ones anymore. They're clever in their own ways. :)

Any chance you can teach this to any of my chams? They all just give me a nasty look when I put in any veggies. None of them have ever taken a single bite to my knowledge.:( rotten little chams grumble grumble

I think he's just getting the feel of the new place. While it might be similar, it doesn't smell (or taste) like him, so he needs to check it all out.

Any chance you can teach this to any of my chams? They all just give me a nasty look when I put in any veggies. None of them have ever taken a single bite to my knowledge.:( rotten little chams grumble grumble

Haha, chameleon training video in the works. ;) Two of mine have unlearned how to drink from a dripper/mister/any other method I can think of. If I had my choice I'd rather them turn up their noses to veggies! But at least the veggies keep the veiled hydrated - I actually haven't offered any water at all in over 2 months to my veiled. Just fresh veggies every day and his urates are whiter than they ever were with a dripper when he used it. (It was a slow transition before I just stopped giving water - don't recommend for anyone to try unless they really know their cham really well and can monitor them closely!) And my panther will ONLY drink in his outdoor cage with the sprinkler on...spoiled little brat.

Back
Top Bottom