ACK What's up with these girls?

BocaJan

These are the two girls who laid their eggs 1.5 months ago and look at them. Is one receptive again? Does one still have eggs? I don't know what I am looking at.

My third lady who was gravid without insemination still has not laid her eggs. She is still eating, but you can see eggs by her back legs. I don't know when she started growing them but she became receptive within the same range as the other two, just not mated.

Please offer opinions.:confused:

Last edited:
I would get a laying bin in the cages. Ive noticed with my female panther that she would lay retained clutchs around 1 1/2 months appart. I think Julirs said this was true for her veileds also. I know that isnt much help but:eek:

Carla laid clutches 2 1/2-3 months apart. She would also show receptive colors pretty quick after laying-but remember Carla never shows gravid colors when gravid-she did show them once when she was really ticked off! :)

they can get receptive again real quick. if you have fed them a lot after their egg laying they may double clutch and if you keep the temps up they are more likely to breed faster too. I know Kinyoga has a thread somewhere on this forum specifically about preventing vields from laying by adjusting temps and food intake. i think she has kept some that have never laid but then again i dont think they were bred. it depends on what you want to do if you want to keep as a pet or breeder.

I guess it's back to bins again. I sure wish my 3rd one would lay her eggs. I'm getting nervous about her.

Thanks for helping me out with your ideas.

Don't worry!
I really think that eating is a big clue.
I don't really expect any digging to start until a few days after the female stops eating.
They know what to do.
As long as you are providing them with everything they need, it should all be okay!

-Brad

Chris said..."I know Kinyoga has a thread somewhere on this forum specifically about preventing vields from laying by adjusting temps and food intake"...here you go....
http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

chris said..."i think she has kept some that have never laid but then again i dont think they were bred"...I've kept some that I have never bred, but I have also bred some of them and then raised some of the babies from the resulting clutches. Those resulting babies were never bred and lived long lives.

BocaJan...how much do you feed the one with the infertile eggs? Is that the same as you feed the other two? Any differences in the way you keep any of them regarding food or temperature?

Back
Top Bottom