Accidentally left the light on....

ToxiccKiwii

I've dredged through a few posts, but they were older, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what to do if you left the UVB/day/basking lights on accidentally overnight?

I have a timer, but yesterday morning I had overwritten it 'cause I woke up half an hour earlier than usual for work, and I forgot to set it back to AUTO so it would shut off.. Last time I sprayed was a half hour before the lights were set to shut off, and I had this little voice telling me to check it, but never made it back into the room we keep our reptiles, and when I came in this morning, low and behold, it was still on..

He seemed a little agitated, not sure if he slept last night at all, and he was definitely thirsty, so I sprayed a little extra and turned the dripper up before I left, shut the UVB day lamp off, but left the uvb basking light on, and moved it over so he could still bask if he wanted, specially since he ate; but he also has room to hide in the shade and sleep, too.

He's my first Cham, and I'm probably way over-thinking this but would leaving it on cause any harm to him? Anything I should look for?? And should I have left one of the lights on ??

Thanks <3
GREENCHICKEN.JPG

Night should be pitch black, no "night light". Leaving the light on overnight should not be an issue. Plenty of chams goto the sleeping stick around 4-5pm, even though lights out isnt till 8pm.

Night should be pitch black, no "night light". Leaving the light on overnight should not be an issue. Plenty of chams goto the sleeping stick around 4-5pm, even though lights out isnt till 8pm.

I never ever ever leave any lights on in that room at night, if I do have to go in there for something I have a separate standing light in the corner so I don't bother them.

But, I have my timer set to turn on at 6:45AM and turn off at 6:45PM due to the room he's in, but yesterday I woke up early and had turned the lights on at 6:15AM, and forgot to set it back to auto before I left, so it never shut off at night like it was supposed to. 3;

He usually sleeps on a jungle vine that runs through his hanging vine leafs, but when I went in this morning he was chillin' in the shade under some leafs near his usual basking spot, so I freaked out thinking he might've been up all night.

But; was leaving the UVB basking light, and not the daylight lamp on today okay? There's plenty of natural daylight through the window, so I figured keep it a little darker, but not completely might give him a chance to rest.

I never ever ever leave any lights on in that room at night, if I do have to go in there for something I have a separate standing light in the corner so I don't bother them.

But, I have my timer set to turn on at 6:45AM and turn off at 6:45PM due to the room he's in, but yesterday I woke up early and had turned the lights on at 6:15AM, and forgot to set it back to auto before I left, so it never shut off at night like it was supposed to. 3;

He usually sleeps on a jungle vine that runs through his hanging vine leafs, but when I went in this morning he was chillin' in the shade under some leafs near his usual basking spot, so I freaked out thinking he might've been up all night.

But; was leaving the UVB basking light, and not the daylight lamp on today okay? There's plenty of natural daylight through the window, so I figured keep it a little darker, but not completely might give him a chance to rest.

12 hour cycles is about what i run on, but its 7 til 7, and during the summer there is plenty of window light till 8:30pm

Since my cham's cage is in a popular room, I just have a towel that I drape over and a subtle lamp I turn on on the opposite side of the room. Either way, my cham stays asleep because there is something blocking the light from her cage.

If it happened once, I’d say you shouldn’t be worried. My cham’s old home told me they left the lights on 24/7..... now that’s some sh&;!

If it happened once, I’d say you shouldn’t be worried. My cham’s old home told me they left the lights on 24/7..... now that’s some sh&;!

Jeebus.... poor guy, yeah, we're back on schedule now, he was less angry with me this morning. :) Fed him some butter worm treats and we're all good.

Since my cham's cage is in a popular room, I just have a towel that I drape over and a subtle lamp I turn on on the opposite side of the room. Either way, my cham stays asleep because there is something blocking the light from her cage.

Yeah, the lamps one of those bendy ones so it's facing the floor, gives enough light for me to see my way around, but not enough to wake up the reptiles, but otherwise all the reptiles are in our spare bedroom, luckily no one ever stays over though, and if they do they sleep on the couch 'cause that rooms ~80* with the heat off. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom