Accidental Free Range!

viaje

Today, before work, I went into my Chameleon room (read "large closet") to observe, mist, and feed my little girl before leaving for the rest of the day.
Eight hours later, I return home and rush to my room to change out of my uncomfortable work clothes, upon walking into the closet I notice my cage door had been left wide open, had my baby panther been curious... I can only hope I would have found her!

But, there she was, looking at me- those big eyes saying "mum! thank god your home, you forgot about me!"
I'll take this as reassurance that my setup is a very comfortable home for my baby!
Well, I guess it didn't get to the "free range" part, but if she'd wanted to...
Guess who will be much more careful in the future!

Anyone else actually have accidental free ranges? (escapees?)

...same egg different chicken...

This afternoon I arrived home to find that my 4 month old female Veiled was missing from her enclosure. I thought to myself "well, she's been stolen". I was sure of it. (if you saw the enclosure you'd understand that there is NO WAY a chameleon could possibly escape, ha ha even if it did try;) I proceded to take every plant (all four) out of the cage and take them down onto the table to closely examine the greenery. Anyway, I really began to panic, even throwing my arms up in the air and crying out "NO LORD......" Then, after fingering through the tangled mess of leaves and vines of three plants, my girfriend, (whom had only walked up a few seconds earlier) blurts out, "She looks so cute when she's looking right at you with both eyes". I looked up and there she was, clutched onto a stem near the top of the plant, peeking out from under a leaf of her favorite Shefflera. Well I felt fooled, thats for sure. I know I must have looked right at her too!:)

Back
Top Bottom