Abscess please help!!

The "horn" on hornworms is soft.

Don't cut anything up. It dies and she won't eat dead things. They ship the hornworms when they are small but they grow really fast. You can control their growth with temperature and access to food. If you can find a new shipment, you can get small worms.

If she is anywhere near 50g, she can probably manage to get a fairly big hornworm down. She might be intimidated by it, though, if she has never eaten them before. I regularly feed my wild caughts those big green Katydids that are the size of their (the quads/graciliors) heads. It takes them awhile to get it down but they do it. That's a healthy and motivated wild caught, not a sick little veiled who just underwent surgery.

I wish I were closer to you.
All the hornworms a petsmart are quite big, sadly. But my chameleon has been eating more than she ever has before the surgery :) although she still isn't drinking but I've been forcewatering her and her urate is all white! She looks great and is moving around a lot more too. Thank you for all your help! I think she's all better now and I'm excited for her to get better so I can start earning her trust back again. If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have found out she was egg bound and she would still be in a lot of pain right now. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom