Abscess and deformities

Silsar02

So I purchased my chameleon Chérie about 2 or 3 weeks ago from pet co with a 25% discount due to his deformities. He has a hard grey ball on his left hip and is missing toe nails on his front feet one foot even has black on it
I’m not sure if I should be concerned about these or not

Chérie is a Jackson’s chameleon who is about 2 months old I keep him in a mesh cage with lots of foliage I keep his enclosure from 50-80% humidity and a temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit

Attachments

• BD69F9BC-6298-4F29-862A-176C36F939D9.jpeg
    BD69F9BC-6298-4F29-862A-176C36F939D9.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 198
  • FD4887D6-E7CF-4E1F-BCC7-F8EA46070EAF.jpeg
    FD4887D6-E7CF-4E1F-BCC7-F8EA46070EAF.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 40DC6D77-649F-4C03-A7BE-432AEA018AFE.jpeg
    40DC6D77-649F-4C03-A7BE-432AEA018AFE.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 329761DE-1A03-406A-B03E-4D9BD031BCCD.jpeg
    329761DE-1A03-406A-B03E-4D9BD031BCCD.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 176
  • C9341074-FB83-46C4-9629-8BA71D71F55D.jpeg
    C9341074-FB83-46C4-9629-8BA71D71F55D.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 160
Why did you make a new thread for the exact same question? Keep like information in the same thread to avoid cluttering the forums and to keep all relevant info in the same place.

We need the information that was asked of you from the previous thread to be filled out in its entirety. \

Also, that chameleon is way older than 2 months.

We need the information that was asked of you from the previous thread to be filled out in its entirety. \
Yes, information is necessary if you want good answers. Or, you could take your cham to the vet where you can be more sure of the answers. Whenever something is unknown with a cham, the vet is the best option since they can go downhill extremely quickly. It sounds like he needs a vet checkup anyway.

Some of his feet look at bit swollen as well

It looks like he may have an infection in his feet from his toenails getting pulled out. He needs to see an exotics vet.

I will post the form again. Please Copy and paste and fill in your answers

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Jackson’s chameleon
Male
Not sure about his age
I handle him once a day
I feed him either 3crickets,
3 wax worms, 3meal worms, or 2 night crawlers depends on what I have
I dust them in calcium and feed them a high calcium gut loading mix from pet co
I use a dripper that I feel with distilled or filtered water he drinks pretty well I make sure to mist his cage about 3 times a day so he can drink of the leaves and keep up humidity
His fecal matter is black and solid he hasn’t been pooping as much this week
I haven’t had him long enough to know any information
And I previously stated cage details

Back
Top Bottom