about to go in a a new build / living wall

That main piece of wood you have is amazing. One of the best I've ever seen. Do you know what type of wood it is?
i got them all at lll as they are local and way cheaper than shipping it is ghost wood for the two larger ones and a manzanita across the top area i tried not to cut them down other than one end to allow it to fit it was tempting to just cut the branches and plug them into the foam

i got them all at lll as they are local and way cheaper than shipping it is ghost wood for the two larger ones and a manzanita across the top area i tried not to cut them down other than one end to allow it to fit it was tempting to just cut the branches and plug them into the foam
Sorry to be dense, but what is "lll"

Yay after overthinking the Misting system I think it is all systems go. Food bowl will have to find a new home due to drop from mister but that's easy.

I most certainly have some regrets with how I built things but planning was my ultimate downfall. Other than minor stuff it's just the mosses , looks great won't last pillow moss has best bet as it's in with my hoya. I was hoping the neherp moss would be able to grow on the ghost wood time will tell. Another big uh oh I'm having is and how much drainage I put in. but I think he will enjoy the new home as he explores and finds new favorite spots.

Still working on perfect light placement but it feels good getting closer to the finish line.

Attachments

• PXL_20210308_192714990.jpg
    PXL_20210308_192714990.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 121
Yay after overthinking the Misting system I think it is all systems go. Food bowl will have to find a new home due to drop from mister but that's easy.

I most certainly have some regrets with how I built things but planning was my ultimate downfall. Other than minor stuff it's just the mosses , looks great won't last pillow moss has best bet as it's in with my hoya. I was hoping the neherp moss would be able to grow on the ghost wood time will tell. Another big uh oh I'm having is and how much drainage I put in. but I think he will enjoy the new home as he explores and finds new favorite spots.

Still working on perfect light placement but it feels good getting closer to the finish line.
I love it so much. It's only getting better!

Looking really great 👌🏻

Came out just fantastic!

Is your mosses not working?

Thank you everyone ! the community makes the learning what you can do and how to do it so much easier with the wealth of knowledge accessable first hand in comments and using the search.

I think it may have been @Klyde O'Scope who recommended the smart outlets ... Wow I'm floored I can control every light in my phone!!! Cable management should be easier for me now since I don't need to play with timers or switches. So thanks added to the list of items well worth the $ for Anyone looking for upgrades
Thank you @MissSkittles for reassuring me on the mist king no splitter works great

Also This little table was an alley score so I might end up modifying it for drainage down the line

So after getting everything set up and adjusting my lights and plants a bit I've been able to introduce the Chameleon to the space and am trying to figure out what's missing / what can be changed to improve.

After a long think I've decided that I'm going to disassemble the branch network. I'm going to stop out and buy a new pack of zip ties and try to get after it. In just not happy with the waste space some of the large natural ghost wood eats up. I'm going to cut the large pieces down and try to mount them far more thoughtfully after watching this guy climb around. He almost never uses the thicker branches so I think I can save some space and let more light to the floor by getting rid of the main base of the one branch.

Again very grateful for the support hopefully version 2.0 will have better results.

I think its just a matter of placement I'm going to saw down the one massive three-branched hydra I have and try to be more strategic and functional in the new placement. Once I have time off again ill be able to visualize. when I can sit and watch him climb around it just struck me to make changes. it felt nice not having a project and mess going on

Back
Top Bottom