? about hand feeding and outside free range

little leaf

Avid Member
I made a free range , its outside, if my chams are hand feeding outside, does that mean they are comfortable and feeling secure ? or will they eat no matter what? they don't act to stressed.... most of the time :confused: but the male will show the black stress dots at times - I call them his " peppercorns " :eek: they are Jacson X , and a male panther - all will hand feed out there- so are they happy? I call this my "hillbilly" free range - not the prettiest :rolleyes: but they can not get out even if they get down , this is just a temp until I get the "real " one built, but the sun is just to hard to pass up- lol :p

Last edited:
If they are eating they must be happy. My male panther would never eat when he was stressed.

That looks like cham heaven! I wish I could do something like that, but there are way too many raptors around where I live, I would be scared about him getting snatched O_O

That looks like cham heaven! I wish I could do something like that, but there are way too many raptors around where I live, I would be scared about him getting snatched O_O

Thanks, I was hoping they would like it and feel safe :)
we have 5 bald eagle nest w/in 2 miles of us :eek: and lots of hawks. I put it where I did because there is a blue Jay nest right above it - those Jay's wont let ANY kind of bird near their nest - I have seen them run off sharp shin hawks !! this whole thing did not cost 1 penny - this time of yr, ppl are cleaning up their yards, this is a pool I cut down - ( look in CL - they are free ;))they can not get a grip on the sides , and the wood is just logs from the woods :D it can go up to 24" right now its about 8" -

Thats pretty cool using the jays as a defense, thats good thinking. I would still worry though XD

I wont leave them alone - but I will do yard work in the area around them - but one peep from the Jay's , and I am looking at the sky-mostly its them chasing the Robbins :p - the big one will have a top on it- I want to be able to put them out, and not worry they are going to get hurt , or get out- but I wont leave them out all night - to many coons , and mink

Back
Top Bottom