aboreal pgymy?!

cr69g2

i have two pygmys , one male and one female..i have them in a terrarium that is 24 inches tall. i have a heavly planted bottom and then sticks and twigs towards the top to fill the dead space...ive notice that they tend to spend alot of time at the very top..is this normal...its odd to me

Attachments

• leafy.jpg
    leafy.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 133
Why is that odd?
They are chameleons;)
Perfectly normal. Some stump tailed species are more this way than others, but none of them are what you could call ground dwellers.

-Brad

I have never really noticed my friends on the ground. They stay moreso in the middle areas, but going up higher to either get heat or to feed so they are above the crickets looking down on them. They are really neat.

Also, a friends pygmy just laid eggs in the soil of a plant so you might want to make sure if you have a breeding pair, that you have a potted area. She said she didnt even see the girl go to the ground to lay in substrate..just straight into the potted plant. She keeps her plants in containers for easy removal if they die.

My pygmy stays around the top, too. I think its just what chameleons do, b/c my veilds are always at the top.

Back
Top Bottom