A tiny brown spot underneath female veild chameleons eye and more aggressive.

The arm issue isn't from the stuck shed. The shed may have been tenacious due to the angle, though. But that really, really looks like a break. The more recent pics look as though it is healed from when the pic of your background was taken, though.

So, forcibly removing her may (probably, in fact) have been what caused her arm to be broken in the first place. Try to enforce some boundaries with your family; have them wait until she climbs out on her own, or leave her be if she doesn't. Otherwise you run the risk of causing more serious injury, in addition to causing stress and degrading trust.

Be careful with the tank by the window. Reflections of herself as well as things outside may stress her out. Plus, as the season warms, the tank may become dangerously hot, especially if there is direct sun even for a short period. Where do you live (state)?
I'd recommend moving the tank, and if you possibly can, switching it out for something larger and with better airflow.

Again, good job asking for help. I hope you're able to help her before it's too late.
I'm currently working on the tank..moving it away from the window will be my best option..
I live in Indiana,the weather here is a bit weird...it's hard for me to get her outside because I live near a highway and I don't know if that would cause even more stress to her..and I hope to..I'll feel terrible if she dies..I'm usually all about animals..I love them and I'd hate to see her die because I wasn't able to properly take care of her..

Don't feel bad about this, chameleons are invasive in Florida. Taking them out is the right thing to do, and it's much better to end up a pet than euthanized. It seems like you care a lot about her, and many of the things wrong here are not your fault. Good job researching and seeking outside advice; asking for help is a hard thing to do!
I do care alot,she's the first reptile I've had...and the first animal I've had since my dog passed away. I was afraid to reach out because,I didn't know if people would tell me "Well your a pretty terrible person." I just couldn't handle not speaking out about it,it was bothering me.

Most often recommended UVB light is the long linear Reptisun 5.0 tube light or Arcadia 6 long linear tube light.
The UVB should not pass through glass.
Thank you,I took a screenshot so I can remember I'm going to do more research on how much everything will be in total.

You said..."This lady just pulled her off the tree in Florida"...and "I live in Indiana"... So how did you end up with the chameleon?
How cold is it in Indiana these days?

I'm currently working on the tank..moving it away from the window will be my best option..
That's a good start, at least. Try to move it somewhere where there is little excitement; maybe a bedroom?

I live in Indiana,the weather here is a bit weird...it's hard for me to get her outside because I live near a highway and I don't know if that would cause even more stress to her
Ah, it may be a bit difficult weather wise then. But to make sure she gets at least some UV, try to take her outside for a half hour or so at least 3-4 times a week. Do your best to keep her out of sight of the highway if you think it stresses her. The sound won't bother her as much as the sight. She'll probably be most comfortable when it's 65° or more, but will be fine as long as it's at least 50°.

To address the feeders: would your parents allow you to keep some of your own? There are types that are easy to breed on your own. Superworms, especially if you start with beetles; isopods; dubia roaches (though I know roaches can be a hard sell with mothers especially!)

You said..."This lady just pulled her off the tree in Florida"...and "I live in Indiana"... So how did you end up with the chameleon?
How cold is it in Indiana these days?
She brought her up here,I'm not for sure on what she had her in..I'm going to ask..so I can see if she may of dropped her..? Or something along the lines of that? It really depends,the weather here changes. Right now it's 57,early it was 59. It was snowing last month constantly,and it gets warmer around May. But it can also change randomly,weather is weird here.

That's a good start, at least. Try to move it somewhere where there is little excitement; maybe a bedroom?

Ah, it may be a bit difficult weather wise then. But to make sure she gets at least some UV, try to take her outside for a half hour or so at least 3-4 times a week. Do your best to keep her out of sight of the highway if you think it stresses her. The sound won't bother her as much as the sight. She'll probably be most comfortable when it's 65° or more, but will be fine as long as it's at least 50°.

To address the feeders: would your parents allow you to keep some of your own? There are types that are easy to breed on your own. Superworms, especially if you start with beetles; isopods; dubia roaches (though I know roaches can be a hard sell with mothers especially!)
She's staying in my room currently,near the window in mine..I do have a corner however that I'm thinking of putting her tank at?
It's away from both windows so,she won't feel as stressed..I thought she liked the window because she constantly just looks out it..
And I'll have to talk her into that,I get in trouble for bringing animals in the house so much..I've brought in cats,slugs,worms,frogs,I think if I keep an eye on them..make sure they don't escape she'll let me

She's staying in my room currently,near the window in mine..I do have a corner however that I'm thinking of putting her tank at?
It's away from both windows so,she won't feel as stressed..I thought she liked the window because she constantly just looks out it..
And I'll have to talk her into that,I get in trouble for bringing animals in the house so much..I've brought in cats,slugs,worms,frogs,I think if I keep an eye on them..make sure they don't escape she'll let me
Also I forgot the other part you said,I wasn't for sure how cold was to cold for her..I fear even taken her out because she's still so tiny and I'm scared she'll get lost..even if I keep an eye on her..the other issue is shes not completely use to me yet,so it's hard to get her out of her tank without feeling stressed..I don't usually grab her..because I know that her tail wraps around branches..I open the "door" and just let her come out on her own..I'm also scared because of the birds outside..will they try to get her?

So, you can offer her a stick to come out on instead of trying to always get her to grab you. Without a lot of trust I know it can be difficult to get them to come out without standing and waiting forever while your arm gets tired 😄
When you take her outside, don't put her down or in a bush unless it is caged or contained. Just let her ride on you, or carry the stick that she is on. If she gets on the ground don't let her go far from you; they can be surprisingly fast. I wouldn't let her in trees, as she may climb somewhere you can't follow. There are many sad stories on here of chameleons whose owners looked away for two minutes, or left them in a 'safe' tree, only for the chameleon to disappear.
All the feeders I mentioned (dubia, superworms, isopods) can be kept in clear plastic shoeboxes; they can't climb smooth surfaces. To breed successfully the dubia would likely need a heat pad and a bit more space though. But that's good in a way; on the off chance they escape you or your chameleon, they'll can't breed, and will just die instead of infest your house.
I know Kinyonga already asked, but I didn't see a reply; what supplements/calcium are you using (if any)?

Oh,right😅. And oh lord,I know.
I've had days where I've let her out and she's booked it on my bed,I keep a close eye on her so she doesn't fall or get underneath anything. (My bed is to me the safest place for her,I'm very overprotective of her,she's very fragile.)
We've been out once,I made the mistake of setting her on the ground and she didn't like it and I got her to grab onto me and we went back inside. And old friend of mine,had hers outside but made a leash? (Ofc this was a bearded dragon,I'm pretty sure they make those for them?) But I just felt like if he tried to run,the leash would hurt his waste):
I think I have all of that,I'll just have to speak to mum about it.
And I took pictures,front and back of the calcium bottle.
So, you can offer her a stick to come out on instead of trying to always get her to grab you. Without a lot of trust I know it can be difficult to get them to come out without standing and waiting forever while your arm gets tired 😄
When you take her outside, don't put her down or in a bush unless it is caged or contained. Just let her ride on you, or carry the stick that she is on. If she gets on the ground don't let her go far from you; they can be surprisingly fast. I wouldn't let her in trees, as she may climb somewhere you can't follow. There are many sad stories on here of chameleons whose owners looked away for two minutes, or left them in a 'safe' tree, only for the chameleon to disappear.
All the feeders I mentioned (dubia, superworms, isopods) can be kept in clear plastic shoeboxes; they can't climb smooth surfaces. To breed successfully the dubia would likely need a heat pad and a bit more space though. But that's good in a way; on the off chance they escape you or your chameleon, they'll can't breed, and will just die instead of infest your house.
I know Kinyonga already asked, but I didn't see a reply; what supplements/calcium are you using (if any)?
Oh,right😅. And oh lord,I know.
I've had days where I've let her out and she's booked it on my bed,I keep a close eye on her so she doesn't fall or get underneath anything. (My bed is to me the safest place for her,I'm very overprotective of her,she's very fragile.)
We've been out once,I made the mistake of setting her on the ground and she didn't like it and I got her to grab onto me and we went back inside. And old friend of mine,had hers outside but made a leash? (Ofc this was a bearded dragon,I'm pretty sure they make those for them?) But I just felt like if he tried to run,the leash would hurt his waste):
I think I have all of that,I'll just have to speak to mum about it.
And I took pictures,front and back of the calcium bottle.
(It's spray,and I'm not for sure if peroxide is supposed to be in this or not but I read the back more in depth,it barely has any calcium?)
It seems to only have other ingredients the percentages are higher than the most important two :/
I really hope that hasn't been the issue,mum said it was the best for them..yet again I believed her since shes had one,and my father has..come to think of that..my dad killed theirs): on purpose):

Attachments

• 20210320_221248.jpg
    20210320_221248.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210320_221258.jpg
    20210320_221258.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20210320_221306.jpg
    20210320_221306.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210320_221310.jpg
    20210320_221310.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210320_221314.jpg
    20210320_221314.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 78
It doesn't say peroxide,my bad I freaked out for a bit

Good that you keep a close eye on her! Definitely do NOT use the leash; it will only stress her out. Think of how she reacts if you brush against her back or belly; normal chameleons flinch or pull away, many will puff up and gape. They do not like being touched, so a harness would be very bad.
You're spray isn't doing much, though the D3 is both good (she needs some, especially without a UV light) and bad (fat soluble, so easy to overdose and kill her). To keep things simple, I'm going to suggest you get a multivitamin (I prefer Miner-al indoor formula, as it was specifically made for chameleons) that has both Vitamin A and D3, and a calcium powder without D3. This can be either a human powder you'd find in the vitamin isle at the store or a reptile specific one, just make sure it is plain calcium without D3. Everything you feed should be lightly dusted with the calcium, then 2 days a month (preferably about two weeks apart) lightly dust with the multivitamin.

Im just going to be honest with you, everything in your set up is wrong to include the supplements. I would estimate the total cost to fix everything is going to be well over 300-500. You need a bigger enclosure, correct lighting, basking bulb and fixtures, and new supplements, new food, thermometers, hygrometers, temp gun, you need to properly gutload your live insects, and you need to provide your cham w real plants and a way to keep your cham hydrated whether it be misting or dripper. The supplement you are using is not good for your cham and can lead to MBD-like symptoms bc of the d3. Im sorry, but if you dont fix everything your cham will deteriorate and surely pass away. Not to mention, you say your cham does not trust you and seems scared, yet every pic you posted the cham is on your body. They cannot tolerate the level of stress you are bringing to it for long periods of time.

That being said, I dont think you are a terrible person, i admire you came for help. But i do think you need to be re thinking your animal decisions and rethinking the "bringing in lots of animals in and making sure they dont escape". It costs money to properly care for the animals you bring in, and if its not going to be done correctly the best advice I can give is to wait until you are a little older and doing your research. Im sorry if this was too honest, but its the truth. You can still learn from this, but that choice is yours. Best luck to you and your cham.

Im just going to be honest with you, everything in your set up is wrong to include the supplements. I would estimate the total cost to fix everything is going to be well over 300-500. You need a bigger enclosure, correct lighting, basking bulb and fixtures, and new supplements, new food, thermometers, hygrometers, temp gun, you need to properly gutload your live insects, and you need to provide your cham w real plants and a way to keep your cham hydrated whether it be misting or dripper. The supplement you are using is not good for your cham and can lead to MBD-like symptoms bc of the d3. Im sorry, but if you dont fix everything your cham will deteriorate and surely pass away. Not to mention, you say your cham does not trust you and seems scared, yet every pic you posted the cham is on your body. They cannot tolerate the level of stress you are bringing to it for long periods of time.

That being said, I dont think you are a terrible person, i admire you came for help. But i do think you need to be re thinking your animal decisions and rethinking the "bringing in lots of animals in and making sure they dont escape". It costs money to properly care for the animals you bring in, and if its not going to be done correctly the best advice I can give is to wait until you are a little older and doing your research. Im sorry if this was too honest, but its the truth. You can still learn from this, but that choice is yours. Best luck to you and your cham.
I'm planning on fixing this.
I'm changing her tank size,when I explain this to my mother she said
"Shes so tiny and your giving her a bigger tank."
I don't want her to die,that's legit why I'm doing what I'm doing.
I guess the lady at the pet store recommended the spray,to my mum and she told me
"I'd rather trust her,than people that own chameleons."
Which,honestly is stupid..I'd rather trust y'all then a lady at a pet store
I'm fixing to start breeding insects,mum is surprisingly ok with this.
I've only taken her out,to either clean her tank,or just for her to get some time out of her tank.
I bring them in
(Mainly strays like cats)
Because I know that I could possibly help them. I've had a friend give me her a cat because they can't take care of them yet,they have a bunch.
I take in slugs,and I have them in a little tank.
I've had caterpillars,and gave them a little tank until they were butterflies or in cocoons. But I do see what your saying.

Looks like your getting a lot of good feedback. Honestly to me it looks like MBD. I am guessing the aggression is because she hurts.

A ton is incorrect with your husbandry... Start reading this husbandry program. This will teach you everything and you will understand better why she is not doing well. There are multiple modules in each section read through them all. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Ask questions here when your done reading it. But this will teach you all the basics that we can not in a structured way.

UPDATE-
So I've made Penelope a tank,which is bigger and is away from the window.
I'm possibly going to take in my brothers Chameleon aswell,(he's not here majority of the time but I am constantly home.)
Gus, is way bigger than Penelope (he's a male veiled chameleon.)
So I'm working on also finding him a tank.
My brother never really took him out of his tank,so I'm gonna try to maybe build his trust (I'll read up on it more to see how I can,so he won't be stressed. I also figured out how to properly take them out,so I will be telling others how that is done but not to do it often or probably ever.)
Me and mum disgusted this together and,we have the proper lights..(but I broke mine 😞,so I gotta find another. Gus has one.)
I've read into their care more,I am getting plants for them (real ones.)
The right calcium for them.
I gave my fish,her old tank(I washed it before) and he has no idea what to do with all the space now😂.
I'm saddened that Gus hasn't been taken care of but,I'm stepping up and helping him out in any way I can.

UPDATE-
So I've made Penelope a tank,which is bigger and is away from the window.
I'm possibly going to take in my brothers Chameleon aswell,(he's not here majority of the time but I am constantly home.)
Gus, is way bigger than Penelope (he's a male veiled chameleon.)
So I'm working on also finding him a tank.
My brother never really took him out of his tank,so I'm gonna try to maybe build his trust (I'll read up on it more to see how I can,so he won't be stressed. I also figured out how to properly take them out,so I will be telling others how that is done but not to do it often or probably ever.)
Me and mum disgusted this together and,we have the proper lights..(but I broke mine 😞,so I gotta find another. Gus has one.)
I've read into their care more,I am getting plants for them (real ones.)
The right calcium for them.
I gave my fish,her old tank(I washed it before) and he has no idea what to do with all the space now😂.
I'm saddened that Gus hasn't been taken care of but,I'm stepping up and helping him out in any way I can.
Great to hear!! ❤

Back
Top Bottom