A social Chameleon?!

BabyYoda

Now I know that each of our little friends personalities differ individually, but my most recent Veiled Chameleon that I added to the family comes running to my hand anytime I put it out for him. I have 1 other Veiled and 1 Panther Cham, and those two like their privacy and to be left alone the majority of the time. As for Baby Yoda, he works his way to the front of the cage every single time I approach, and gives me a look that says "Now put your hand out so I can climb you hooman" As seen in the picture, (Dont worry guys that's just a set of his uvb bulbs, his basking spot is in the other corner of the cage along with a linear uvb) he's a very curious Veiled, but I was wondering how many others have or had a Chameleon that actually loves to be brought out and held? His colors do not indicate any stress when he is out, and he does not fear my hand at all, even if coming down to him from above. (My other 2 Chams puff up and gape at me if I even try to do this) whilst Baby Yoda tries to hurry up and get to my hand when I'm doing regular tasks like misting or changing out the little dripper water. I think it's really neat because I've always treated them as an observational pet with the only time being held/taken out of the cage twice a month for cage deep cleanings.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1724239761.jpg
    Snapchat-1724239761.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 117
Every chameleon is different...I've had ones that will rush across the cage to bite me or race down a branch to bite me and I've had ones that come racing over to get onto my hand to come out of the cage and then there are ones that just want to hide from me. We just have to take them for what they are!

Oh my, I havnt had an aggressive one like that yet, though my other two are quite temperamental!

Good to hear I'm not the only one with a very social Cham. Meet Mr. Greenjeans, he loves to get out any chance he can get. He's just the best!
Every chameleon is different...I've had ones that will rush across the cage to bite me or race down a branch to bite me and I've had ones that come racing over to get onto my hand to come out of the cage and then there are ones that just want to hide from me. We just have to take them for what they are!

Attachments

• 20200201_100410.jpg
    20200201_100410.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom