A quick question... PLEASE!

R0lyaT390

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum although this is my second chameleon over the past 3 years. The first one began eating immediately once put in his habitat. My new panther was brought home early on yesterday, and did not eat then nor can I get him to eat/drink today. He is very nervous, though not at all aggressive (not once has he puffed up at me as the other chameleon did).

He has a UVA/UVB bulb and a basking lamp, multiple vertical and horizontal branches, as well as a bunch of silk foliage in his 16" x 16" x 30" terrarium. I also have a "habba mist" setup that sprays water on the leaves for 45 seconds every 3 hours. I also built him a tree for free ranging for a few hours every day that has a UVB hanging above it.

Should I be worried? :confused:
(already am...)

Thanks so much in advance for any responses!

welcome!
if you just got him, then he needs time to adjust. you got lucky that the first one ate right away, not all will do that.

just give him time to get used to his new home. he should settle in a few days.

should I keep the crickets out of the cage so as to not make him nervous? I'm thinking of putting one in for the next couple days to see if he eats it, and if he does ill give him some more and if he doesn't ill take it out and wait until he is settled in....

Back
Top Bottom