A question for everyone!

RobertsKitty

I am curious, where did YOU get your chameleon(s)?

Pet store? Breeder? Online?

If so which petstore? Which breeder? What website?

I have seen this kind of post on several forums and its always interesting to see where everyone got their pet since everyone can answer.

I have seen this kind of post on several forums and its always interesting to see where everyone got their pet since everyone can answer.
Just replied to a thread similar to your's yesterday lol. I purchased my male Veiled from FL Chams. His name is Hawk

101_0527rotated.jpg

Still too nervous to buy my first cham haha, working on plucking up my courage to get my first little guy :D

Ringo, my male came from FLCham
Angel my female came from a local pet store. Angel is on my avatar pic.

and thats Ringo

Attachments

• WP_000016.jpg
    WP_000016.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I have purchased all my chams from reputable breeders which I found through this forum. Personally, I don't feel that chams from pet shops are as healthy and cared for properly. I've heard too many horror stories from people who have bought them there. Good Luck!

i got mine from Kammerflage Kreations. Click on the upper right hand corner under "view our sponsors" any of them are reputable and good to deal with. We don't recommend the petstores too much!

I've made two purchases from the Chameleon Company and love dealing with Jim. All the chams have been gorgeous for a very reasonable price, in my opinion.

Five others I got from forum members on here.

One from Reptmart at a reptile show in Daytona and one from Chameleons101.

I have 17 high quality breeders that were all purchased from breeders online. I would always suggest calling and speaking with the breeder directly, you will get a good idea who to do buisness with and who not. All of my dealings with folks that sponser this site have all been positive. I have not talked to anyone that sponsors this site that I would not do buisness with - though granted I have not talked to all.

Good answers so far! Just to clarify, many people don't suggest pet shop Chameleons but that doesn't mean that some of us didn't get their chameleon at one. It is still always interesting to hear where people got their pets.

I got my panther chameleon from Kammerflage Kreations online. They're located in California which is where I live so I felt better about him being shipped a shorter distance lol also they had a great selection of morph crosses at the time which is what I really wanted, and Loki is basically a tour of madagascar with all the different localities in his bloodline! He's my first chameleon and I've had him for about a month and a half and he's been doing great. Still not warming up to me yet, but I have been able to handle him without an amazing amount of stress from him, and he's never tried to bite me yet so I'm pretty happy so far!
DSC00402.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

Lilly Exotics a highly recommended breeder in the UK. Found them on the net & went along to purchase my little guy not long after :D

I purchased my veiled from lllreptile and my panther from kammerflage kreations. I have had veileds and jacksons and a nosy be that I had purchased from lllreptile years ago too. And a few veileds from local petstores.

We got our panther cham from Sublime Exotics. They were AMAZING! They called to make sure he arrived safely. They sent the egg that he hatched in along with his hatch date and his parent's names!!! They love updates! They are so involved in their chams after they leave their home. I can't recommend them enough!

We actually purchased our first cham from a company that never returned our calls or our emails, even after our first cham (who we'd had only a few days) became very ill and almost died. So, we won't buy from anyone in the future except Sublime Exotics!

Good luck!

Marla

Back
Top Bottom