A Greenhouse Trioceros Surprise #2

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was taking care of all the chameleons around noon on Saturday 8/8/2020 in the greenhouse. Then to my surprise my very pregnant female Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii had given birth to her long expected group of babies. She gave birth to a total group of 16 babies. All the babies seem to be doing great and are eating and drinking. I was busy this afternoon and shall post a photo of the mother tomorrow.

1REdb0.jpg

DNrhBC.jpg

g5nq0F.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Congrats Jeremy! They are precious!

They really are precious. I cannot describe how precious it was to walk into the greenhouse when they were born and watch all the babies dangling on the top of the enclosure and their mother.

Alright. You got me. I’ll take one

I am going to hold back a couple. However if you want a couple of these babies keep in contact with me.

:):):):)

Congrats! They are adorable! I didn’t know they hatch with a little horn nub...so cute!

This live-bearing species is born with horns. The females have three legit horns from the start.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

They really are precious. I cannot describe how precious it was to walk into the greenhouse when they were born and watch all the babies dangling on the top of the enclosure and their mother.

I am going to hold back a couple. However if you want a couple of these babies keep in contact with me.

:):):):)

This live-bearing species is born with horns. The females have three legit horns from the start.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
These are the ones you have been waiting for correct? I believe you had shared a pic of the female a while back talking about her.

These are the ones you have been waiting for correct? I believe you had shared a pic of the female a while back talking about her.

I have/had two female Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii both were gravid. This birthing was the second female and last one to give birth.

Omgoodness they're cute (≧▽≦)

Thanks. Yeah babies.

That's awesome

Thanks much.

Omg they’re adorable!

They are precious.

Love the babies....so dang gone cute :love:

Thanks. Chameleon babies are especially great at this age.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I did not post any photo's of the mother. The first photo is the mother outside heavily gravid in March.

xD3xjc.jpg

The second photo is of the mother after giving birth in the greenhouse today.

59Y1bh.jpg

She is a single horned Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii. My first female Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii that gave birth to the first group of babies is a three horned Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii female.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I have a dumb question Jeremy... :) Ok so they are both Trioceros Jacksonii jacksonii but why does one female have 1 horn and the other have 3? Is it like with Panthers having different colors based on locale?

I have a dumb question Jeremy... :) Ok so they are both Trioceros Jacksonii jacksonii but why does one female have 1 horn and the other have 3? Is it like with Panthers having different colors based on locale?

That is not a dumb question. This is just an example of a species phenotype. Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii females can have 0-3 horns. To my knowledge the females of this species normally have got horns. The two females I have got are an examples of a one horn and three horn phenotype.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Thank you for that! I love learning and having the opportunity to learn from more experienced keepers that have the uncommon chameleons is one of the things I adore about this forum. So thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom