A Frog with a Deathwish

!!that's hilarious lol

But what's the story on the frog? just another pet that you free range and he always ends up with them? or he's always getting out of his tank? or is this frog native to your area and has somehow gotten in and is now couch surfin' with mr and mrs meller?

i'd assume it is a native frog. We have frog similar to those all over at our beach house which is in south-east texas.

!!that's hilarious lol

But what's the story on the frog? just another pet that you free range and he always ends up with them? or he's always getting out of his tank? or is this frog native to your area and has somehow gotten in and is now couch surfin' with mr and mrs meller?

It is a Pacific Tree Frog. In the cham portion of our shop, we have a sliding glass door to the outside. Their outdoor range is attached to that sliding door area. I was leaving it open in the summer and fall when putting the chams outside for the day. This guy apparently came in that way, and has now been living with the chams for at least a few months. The door has been left open since he's been here, but he doesn't seem to want to leave. I guess he's got it good, and he seems to enjoy the company of the Meller's.

I can't believe the frog is still alive after all this time! It really does seem like they like one another. That is just awesome. :D:D

omg!! what a cute little tree frog! Crossing fingers that he does not become lunch on another day! lol!

Wondering.... is this OK for them? I mean.... was this offered up as food? or just happen to be free range with them?

The little frog's introduction to the Meller's is described above. No, good question, we normally don't allow outdoor free range critters to enter the chams' areas, but by the time I saw this guy he appeared to already be quite entrenched in their lives.

We did have 1 pretty good sized salamander living on the floor in the shop, likely just wandered in one day and stayed for months, but he disappeared this fall.

It is a Pacific Tree Frog. In the cham portion of our shop, we have a sliding glass door to the outside. Their outdoor range is attached to that sliding door area. I was leaving it open in the summer and fall when putting the chams outside for the day. This guy apparently came in that way, and has now been living with the chams for at least a few months. The door has been left open since he's been here, but he doesn't seem to want to leave. I guess he's got it good, and he seems to enjoy the company of the Meller's.

haha should have read each post..... Sounds cool! Melleri seem tolerant. I really like the personality they have.:cool:

I wish salamanders and frogs would just wander into my house and set up shop... The closest I get to that are the greenhouses at work (Plant Biology department of a Big Ten university), where grey treefrogs will occasionally take up residence.

Back
Top Bottom