A few years in the making......

IMG_2434.jpg

not really sure what's going on here.... What's been a few years in the making? Are you breeding a rare kind of cham?
sorry.... guess this means I'm still an extreem nooby.....

Well Kevin - she looks damn happy in the process!! Congrats!! So put me on the list for one of those hatchlings, will ya? :eek:)

Congratz Kev!!!!

Perserverence is key and you stuck it out to this accomplishment, best of luck

not really sure what's going on here.... What's been a few years in the making? Are you breeding a rare kind of cham?
sorry.... guess this means I'm still an extreem nooby.....

You just haven't watched Kevin and his mellers for years like we have. Captive Bred mellers are few and far between so that he finally has a pair mating is a very big deal. Melleri are a cham that can't be sexed by any visual means. You either have several and hope. or have a very small chance for babies.

Good Job Kevin. they did take their sweet time. Now the waiting.:(:(

I am aware of the difficulty sexing T. Melleri, but is that the only reason they can be so hard to breed? Will this pair continue breeding?

They seem to randomly decide to breed. (Well, I'm sure it's not actually randomly, but they can be together for years before they choose to do so.)

I am aware of the difficulty sexing T. Melleri, but is that the only reason they can be so hard to breed? Will this pair continue breeding?

Melleri are a more social than the other chams. They don't hop into bed because their instinct is telling them to.... e.g. vields or panthers.. or most species.

In other words... these guys like to court and figure out if it's worth it. As usual the female decides.

Reactions: Hoj
So its taken you years to finally get a pair that will breed.? Dang....how long does incubation and everything last.? Are their lifespans just as long.?

Back
Top Bottom