A few questions

What about the links I put about the virariums would that be insufficient ventilation.
Ehhhh I do not really like either of those.... I would be concerned about enough air flow.

So you can't get these there but I just got this one and I love it. The very bottom service door panel and the top are screen. The chimney effect works wonderfully in it. https://dragonstrand.com/product/tall-hybrid-chameleon-cage-system/

It works so well that I am going to be replacing my screen doors on my other two enclosures with 20 gauge clear marine vinyl to mimic it.
You could do something very similar to this... The side panels are pvc sheet material.

Ehhhh I do not really like either of those.... I would be concerned about enough air flow.

So you can't get these there but I just got this one and I love it. The very bottom service door panel and the top are screen. The chimney effect works wonderfully in it. https://dragonstrand.com/product/tall-hybrid-chameleon-cage-system/

It works so well that I am going to be replacing my screen doors on my other two enclosures with 20 gauge clear marine vinyl to mimic it.
You could do something very similar to this... The side panels are pvc sheet material.
Yep that looks nice.

If you have the time to why not build your own then you would be free to do whatever size and style works best for you.
I have covered 2 sides of my mesh with window insulation sheet that just sticks to the edge more for wall protection from misting.
I found whilst looking for my little ones upgraded cage that the mesh are generally cheaper and come in bigger sizes than the combi ones.

If you have the time to why not build your own then you would be free to do whatever size and style works best for you.
I have covered 2 sides of my mesh with window insulation sheet that just sticks to the edge more for wall protection from misting.
I found whilst looking for my little ones upgraded cage that the mesh are generally cheaper and come in bigger sizes than the combi ones.
I'm not to good at diy, ok I see what you mean thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
@Panther678 with the Reptibreeze XL enclosures you can take either a shower curtain and cut sections out to size and line the sides and the back with it or you can use corrugated plastic sheets(if you have them in the U.K.) and cut the sheets to size and do the same. These will help with maintaining heat and humidity.

@Panther678 with the Reptibreeze XL enclosures you can take either a shower curtain and cut sections out to size and line the sides and the back with it or you can use corrugated plastic sheets(if you have them in the U.K.) and cut the sheets to size and do the same. These will help with maintaining heat and humidity.
Also with this incresed humidity will it cause mould to develop in the house like the black mould that people can get in thier bathroom with a glass or wooden vivarium I understand everything stays in thier but with a mesh I presume it would go into the surrounding area. Also thanks for the idea with the curtain shower that seems good.

Do you know of anyone on this forum who has had success with a wooden vivarium or is it just a recipe for distaste cause of the airflow not being to great. I heard that chemelons have sensitive respiratory tracts are they similar to birds in the fact of no candles, perfumes spray or teflon.

Also with this incresed humidity will it cause mould to develop in the house like the black mould that people can get in thier bathroom with a glass or wooden vivarium I understand everything stays in thier but with a mesh I presume it would go into the surrounding area. Also thanks for the idea with the curtain shower that seems good.
I'm pretty sure you'd have to have humidity levels in the very high 90's for that to occur.

Back
Top Bottom