A couple of videos I came across...

Klyde O'Scope

Chameleon Enthusiast
This first one is a couple of years old, so it may already have been posted, but it mesmerized us this morning.
Anybody (kinyonga?) know what species this is/these are? We were curious about both the mother and the very 'spikey' fellow—don't know if they're the same species or not.

I came across this next one looking at vids of DIY enclosures. TBH, I didn't watch the whole thing. Turned out that while he talked about building an enclosure, all he really did was decorate a ready-made.

What caught my eye (and cracked both of us up) is the little drama that starts @ 0:45 as the chameleon.... nevermind (no spoilers). ;)

This first one is a couple of years old, so it may already have been posted, but it mesmerized us this morning.
Anybody (kinyonga?) know what species this is/these are? We were curious about both the mother and the very 'spikey' fellow—don't know if they're the same species or not.

I came across this next one looking at vids of DIY enclosures. TBH, I didn't watch the whole thing. Turned out that while he talked about building an enclosure, all he really did was decorate a ready-made.

What caught my eye (and cracked both of us up) is the little drama that starts @ 0:45 as the chameleon.... nevermind (no spoilers). ;)

Cool video of the births
I’m not positive, but think it’s a bradypodion species

I’m not positive, but think it’s a bradypodion species
Ohmigosh! :eek: It makes my head hurt just trying to get through this stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradypodion

Delimitation of Bradypodion has been controversial for some time. Most species seem readily distinguishable by morphological characteristics, but for some time the genus was used as a wastebin taxon for smaller chameleons from sub-Saharan Africa with plesiomorphic hemipenises.[1] Alternatively, many of the present species were reduced to subspecies status.[2] This has since been refuted,[3] but several more species seem recognizable judging from morphological[4] and mitochondrial 16S rRNA and NADH dehydrogenase subunit 2 sequence data.[5]

Why not just call them collectively, Bradypodion Fubarus? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom