A chameleon in a viv?

johncjb

Hey guys, I am going to set up a vivarium, with a fogger, waterfall, moss, trees, etc...

Is there any type of cham (besides a pygmy) that can live in a viv?

I am currently looking into quads and rudis but I hear they need really good ventilation.

Could they thrive in a viv?

Thanks for your help

for the most part, screen is def recommended, but it also depends on your area and wether it would allow for a viv :) do you live in a relatively colder and less humid area?

It isnt very cool here, but nor is it very humid. I am thinking that a viv would keep the cool and humid air inside

Hey guys, I am going to set up a vivarium, with a fogger, waterfall, moss, trees, etc...

Is there any type of cham (besides a pygmy) that can live in a viv?

I am currently looking into quads and rudis but I hear they need really good ventilation.

Could they thrive in a viv?

Thanks for your help

What size viv are you thinking about? Quads would need a huge viv...very expensive! I haven't kept rudis so don't know the correct size setup for them. All the arboreal cham species need larger spaces than the pygmy leaf species.

Waterfalls create problems...chams can definitely drown if they fall in. They also tend to poop over them, and feeders find a way to drown in them, so unless you sterilize the thing daily it can be a hassle to avoid a bacteria stew.

I am thinking of a viv about 4' L 2' W 5' H. Is that large enough?

As for the waterfall: i was thinking of modding it a bit so it would be more shallow or something

Back
Top Bottom