A BIG thank you

Crossingtami

Avid Member
Sending a big thank you to everyone here on the forum. I really appreciate all the knowledge that you guys (and gals) share. Wish I wouldve been a part of this forum b4 I purchased my cham egg from a reptile show. ( care and husbandry info there was minimal and downplayed as easy pet. *Just my opinion*). Anyhow, Karma and I Thank you !!!!!

Sending a big thank you to everyone here on the forum. I really appreciate all the knowledge that you guys (and gals) share. Wish I wouldve been a part of this forum b4 I purchased my cham egg from a reptile show. ( care and husbandry info there was minimal and downplayed as easy pet. *Just my opinion*). Anyhow, Karma and I Thank you !!!!!

The care requirements are often downplayed significantly. I got my first cham from a reptile show as well.

I was sold a pair that could live together in a big cage and only needed the compact UVB. Very special animals LOL
Ok to be fair the breeder that sold me my first cham gave me decent advice for being at a show of all places. With that being said, he still made it sound like a relatively easy pet and I feel like he downplayed it a bit.
He definitely made sure to mention that it's 1 cham per cage and that compact UVB are no good.

You were definitely the recipient of bad advice in this case. 🤦‍♀️

Glad you found this forum though! I got my first Cham at a reptile show as well. I would've probably bought the chameleon egg like you on my first time around too. That just sounds exciting lol. But then reality hits if and when the Cham hatches and you aren't up to date on how sensitive hatchlings are when it coms to humidity & temperature/lighting. I'm not aware of what you may have posted before about this... did you get it to hatch?

I'm from Las Vegas, NV :) We were supposed to have a reptile show next weekend but postponed due to covid-19. I am so tired of this virus lol. Has anyone ever been to a show in Vegas?

I got mine first cham from a local pet store and they sent me home with the worst set up ever!!! ill try and find pics of my first ever enclosure vs now !! warning the first enclosure is prolly going to piss some people off ! but this forum helped me a whole lot!!!

I got mine first cham from a local pet store and they sent me home with the worst set up ever!!! ill try and find pics of my first ever enclosure vs now !! warning the first enclosure is prolly going to piss some people off ! but this forum helped me a whole lot!!!
A lot of people started off wrong with their first cham. The important thing is you reached out, learned, and fixed it :)

We are happy help! I am org from Australia. But live in the states now.

I got my cham from Petco before I learned the proper care. Good thing she wasn't even there for 2 days.

Heres a photo from 2017 of my boy skittles as you can see it has very little plants and i was also using that green mat that comes with the chameleon kit . you cant see that lights but i was using the red heat bulb with the coil uvb "(

Attachments

• 20170810_181522.jpg
    20170810_181522.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 59
I second this! I see many people here going Above and beyond

Glad you found this forum though! I got my first Cham at a reptile show as well. I would've probably bought the chameleon egg like you on my first time around too. That just sounds exciting lol. But then reality hits if and when the Cham hatches and you aren't up to date on how sensitive hatchlings are when it coms to humidity & temperature/lighting. I'm not aware of what you may have posted before about this... did you get it to hatch?

I'm from Las Vegas, NV :) We were supposed to have a reptile show next weekend but postponed due to covid-19. I am so tired of this virus lol. Has anyone ever been to a show in Vegas?
SF mega reptile show here in 2 wks. I bought an egg and waited like 2 months for it to hatch. It did start to Hatch but then never emerged. I must say that the breeder guy from the show was very helpful at that time. He talked me through the process of helping it hatch and removing the egg sac. Sadly, it was too late.

Theres a mega show in sf in 2 wks. I bought my egg and waited like 2 months for it to hatch. It began to hatch but then nothing.... the guy I bought it from was very helpful talking me through the hatch process by trying to help it out of the shell and then removing the egg sac from around the little baby. Sadly it was too late. Credit to the breeder, he gave me a choice between a new egg or a baby. I chose a 1 day old hatchling.

Back
Top Bottom