8 month panther Day sleeping

Cravina

Hello everyone, today I noticed my boy in the same plant he was sleeping in last night. He wasn’t quite asleep but looks like he hasn’t moved much since. This also is a spot where water drips down to from the dripper. The recent changes are new plants and I’ve been feeding him later in the day the last few feedings. Would this be sufficient reason for day sleeping? Would this warrant a vet visit? I pulled him up and made sure he hadn’t fallen and wasn’t injured and he seem to be just fine strength wise in all 4 of legs. He only ate his two of his favorite treat which are the super worms but I once again wasn’t able to feed him until about 4. As mentioned above it been the last maybe 4 feeding where about this late. So I figured out the issue and won’t be feeding him that late any more but would this throw him off like that? Sorry for the long post! Any advice would be great!

Temps:

Basking temp 85°

Ambient Day temp 75-80/ Night temp 70-60

Humidity:

50%-60% during day

75%-100% night time

Lighting:

-Arcadia prot5 6%
Hitting 2.8-3.0 on the solarmeter 6.5

-GE Incandescent Plant Light Bulb, BR30 Indoor Plant Light, 65-Watt

-Biodude grow light

Feeding: Dubias Crickets silk worms and occasional super worms and occasional hornworms
About 10-15 every other day as he’s already 8 months

Supplement:

-repashy calcium plus Lod (2x a month)

-repashy Supercal without D (every feeding, except multi vit day)

-bee pollen (1/2 calcium)

Plants:

-Pothos

-Snake plant

-maiden hair fern

-hibiscus

-spider plant

-Alocasian mask

-umbrella tree (a struggling one at the moment haha)

012E3115-33E2-47B7-BC56-CCECC2D1DB8A.jpeg
2232DC48-A13B-4291-924A-FC8ECB352470.jpeg
97F2E3C5-5993-4B7B-A606-B85692708AD2.jpeg
3FB71DEB-03BD-4C65-955E-2A4AEF717591.jpeg

He didn’t have any pjs on or anything bad he had open eyes just laying in the dirt under the plant. Huh. Ok well hopefully me going back to morning feeding then will make his usual grump Cham.. @MissSkittles
The only other thing I can think of is to have him checked for parasites. Hopefully this was just a one time thing. If it continues or anything else is of concern, definitely have him checked by a good vet.

Hmmm maybe could be the coil grow light you have next to the basking bulb, if not parasites (hopefully not this. He looks rather healthy). Are you dusting with the bee pollen regularly?

Hmmm maybe could be the coil grow light you have next to the basking bulb, if not parasites (hopefully not this. He looks rather healthy). Are you dusting with the bee pollen regularly?
It’s not a coil it’s a bio dude bulb! And he’s been doing great, I’ll be keeping an eye out but if it persists I’ll get a parasite screening

The only other thing I can think of is to have him checked for parasites. Hopefully this was just a one time thing. If it continues or anything else is of concern, definitely have him checked by a good vet.
Thanks both of you for responding :) and I’ve been using the bee pollen just about every feeding, should I not?

Um it’s from a local farm here in Sonoma county CA I’m forget the name off the top of my head. I have bunch all the time because of allergies lol

I'm not 100% positive but I believe when I was reading up on the use of bee pollen as a duster/supplement the consensus was that you can over supplement with it just like the other supplements we usually use with our chameleons. Not to say that this may have anything to do with what you're experiencing with your chameleon, though.

Also, your supplement schedule seems a bit much. The use of the calcium plus Lod is really all you need. I use calcium plus as well. I have both the regular one and the Lod. I switch to the Lod during weeks where my Chams can get a couple of days of natural sunlight throughout the week, and use the regular calcium plus during every feeding on the weeks they cannot in order to not over supplement d3 and vitamin A. Not sure how much vitamin A bee pollen has in it, but might want to check how much it does.

Last edited:
Can you post a few more pics of him? I am specifically looking between his front legs. In the image you posted it looks like he has a slight case of edema.... Could very well be too much bee pollen. I had this issue as well using straight bee pollen in my supplements. Better to add it to your gutload instead. Then the bugs have broken it down a bit.

Make sure your feeding in the morning. Just because you do not want him going to bed with a full undigested stomach.

Can you post a few more pics of him? I am specifically looking between his front legs. In the image you posted it looks like he has a slight case of edema.... Could very well be too much bee pollen. I had this issue as well using straight bee pollen in my supplements. Better to add it to your gutload instead. Then the bugs have broken it down a bit.

Make sure your feeding in the morning. Just because you do not want him going to bed with a full undigested stomach.
What is that? Ok I’ll add to gut load instead, this morning he came out and was basking just fine now thankfully but I’ll keep on monitoring his activity. The pictures good enough?

Attachments

• 1ED6CAB6-652B-484D-B2D4-A87191D44D78.jpeg
    1ED6CAB6-652B-484D-B2D4-A87191D44D78.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 5AFE19FB-27F8-45B8-8EB3-14302B10FBC1.jpeg
    5AFE19FB-27F8-45B8-8EB3-14302B10FBC1.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 90
What is that? Ok I’ll add to gut load instead, this morning he came out and was basking just fine now thankfully but I’ll keep on monitoring his activity. The pictures good enough?
I just realized I posted a mid poop picture... haha myyy bad! I was just looking for think kinda picture you asked for hahaha only taken a few days ago

Hello everyone, today I noticed my boy in the same plant he was sleeping in last night. He wasn’t quite asleep but looks like he hasn’t moved much since. This also is a spot where water drips down to from the dripper. The recent changes are new plants and I’ve been feeding him later in the day the last few feedings. Would this be sufficient reason for day sleeping? Would this warrant a vet visit? I pulled him up and made sure he hadn’t fallen and wasn’t injured and he seem to be just fine strength wise in all 4 of legs. He only ate his two of his favorite treat which are the super worms but I once again wasn’t able to feed him until about 4. As mentioned above it been the last maybe 4 feeding where about this late. So I figured out the issue and won’t be feeding him that late any more but would this throw him off like that? Sorry for the long post! Any advice would be great!

Temps:

Basking temp 85°

Ambient Day temp 75-80/ Night temp 70-60

Humidity:

50%-60% during day

75%-100% night time

Lighting:

-Arcadia prot5 6%
Hitting 2.8-3.0 on the solarmeter 6.5

-GE Incandescent Plant Light Bulb, BR30 Indoor Plant Light, 65-Watt

-Biodude grow light

Feeding: Dubias Crickets silk worms and occasional super worms and occasional hornworms
About 10-15 every other day as he’s already 8 months

Supplement:

-repashy calcium plus Lod (2x a month)

-repashy Supercal without D (every feeding, except multi vit day)

-bee pollen (1/2 calcium)

Plants:

-Pothos

-Snake plant

-maiden hair fern

-hibiscus

-spider plant

-Alocasian mask

-umbrella tree (a struggling one at the moment haha)

View attachment 299536View attachment 299537View attachment 299538View attachment 299539
wow did u make that cage?
i been thinking of doing that tbh

Back
Top Bottom