8 Hours Outside/4 Hour Inside

CrazyChamLady13

I was just wondering if this would work. This is for daytime since I don't want to let my Chameleons outside overnight with Landlords cats = bad news. But I was wondering if I left my Chameleons outside in their outside enclosure 8am-4pm would be an ok ideal. I'm home most of the time so I can keep watch over them.

Anyways this is how it would look:
7am Indoor lights come on
7:30am Prepare breakfast
8am Into outdoor enclosure, feed, and mist 5-6 min
-10:35am Get my son on the bus-
11am Mist 2-3 minutes
2pm Mist 2-3 minutes
-2:50pm Get my son off bus-
4pm Bring in Chameleons offer snack... let them free range.
5pm Last mist 1-2 minutes
8pm Indoor lights out

Of course this is weather tbd. But they get natural light. This would be 6 days a week and not 7 because I go with my husband where he goes to work (need to get out of house sometime).

My Chameleons will be in a 18"x60" round tube enclosure with a hibiscus, ficus, and maybe a pothos. I'll get pictures of the unfinished project soon. But this is what I'm thinking. My Chameleons are well socialized so don't think there's going to be any issues.

IMO that is enough, natural sun gives off much more uvb than your bulb. As long as weather permits you should be alright.

8 hours is way more than they need of outside sun. The bulbs we use in the cages do not produce anywhere near what the sun gives off. Just make sure they have places to escape the sun. Where do you live??? If they temps permit they can stay out all day and they could stay out at night too if it doesn't get too cold like below 50 degrees., but I know you have other concerns about night time.

I'm in Houston TX. I know that Maxttu is like next door in the neighboring town of Katy. I know that he leaves his Chameleons out 24/7. The enclosures will be on the porch the sin will shine on them from 8am to noon, then it starts going on the other side of the house and shade starts sitting in. But that was summer time and we've only been here for six months, so don't know how much its going trouble shift during winter.

I don't think you have to worry about mosquitos. I have let my chameleons sleep outside all night from time to time and I know the cage holes are way big enough for mosquitos to get in and they are alive and kicking! If temps are ok then sure they can stay out. I think the fresh air is way better for them anyways!

I decided to do separate enclosure measuring 18x30x60. Its going to be a pvc pipe enclosure, with plywood bottom and artifical grass, on wheels. I'm going to pick up another hibiscus, 2 jasmine, and maybe 2 pothos. My space is pretty limited so can go too big. My concern is the temperatures. Its going to start hitting low 70s soon.

Then inside for when weather is too cold or too hot, they will be housed in a 27x27x60 enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom