6 month old chameleon. Size recordings

Jack135

Hi, I have a 6 month old chameleon, he is 7.5 inches not including tail so he is about 16-17.5 inches with tail. Is he big? He is a high translucent with high orange and yellow. If you have a chameleon of a similar age or recordings of when a chameleon was a similar age could you please post measurements and weight. Also could you tell me if my Cham is big or not. I can’t tell. Idk if he is a healthy size.

Can't make comments on body condition without pictures... for example, I have a small panther girl who weighs in at 58g, but is actually borderline obese with her petite frame!

I think you're a little hung up on size, honestly! That makes up more than half of your posts (Just teasing :p )

Can't make comments on body condition without pictures... for example, I have a small panther girl who weighs in at 58g, but is actually borderline obese with her petite frame!

I think you're a little hung up on size, honestly! That makes up more than half of your posts (Just teasing :p )
Yeah, I know I’m just worried he’s growing to fast and might get a bone deformity or something

Yeah, I know I’m just worried he’s growing to fast and might get a bone deformity or something

To my knowledge, it's only females that can really have problems with fast growth (puts them into reproductive cycles early); if your husbandry is on point, you won't have any problems. I think you've filled out the form before, but we can go over it again if you're concerned. :)

But yeah, pictures would be helpful. (y)

Fast growth can affect the bone health if you don't keep the balance of nutrients during the growth.
For females, people tend to over feed them because they will almost always eat when offered food...so they become obese and that pushes them to produce more eggs IMHO which then means they need more calcium which they don't usually get...and it all spirals out of control IMHO.

For years, I've grown my chameleons at a slower rate than I think they would normally grow...just because I thought it worked better for their health. In captivity we don't do a lot like it's done in the wild but it's not necessarily a bad thing IMHO....as long as we give them what they need to grow into healthy adults that live long healthy lives and produce healthy long living offspring, etc. We still have lots to learn though.

Calcium is top priority. Worry about obesity once there fully developed adults. Calcium is even more important in the first year.

Fast growth can affect the bone health if you don't keep the balance of nutrients during the growth.
For females, people tend to over feed them because they will almost always eat when offered food...so they become obese and that pushes them to produce more eggs IMHO which then means they need more calcium which they don't usually get...and it all spirals out of control IMHO.

For years, I've grown my chameleons at a slower rate than I think they would normally grow...just because I thought it worked better for their health. In captivity we don't do a lot like it's done in the wild but it's not necessarily a bad thing IMHO....as long as we give them what they need to grow into healthy adults that live long healthy lives and produce healthy long living offspring, etc. We still have lots to learn though.
Ok, thanks

I dust with multivitamin every other day, calcium every other day and calcium and magnesium on Sunday.
80A625C0-040D-4787-8392-5701F940B366.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom