6 hours of cham care

BocaJan

YEOW I spent 6 hours today cleaning 14 cages (14 chams) 3 bins (95 baby veileds) and 3 cricket bins, cleaning the bin and putting in new crickets. I am dripping wet but got it all done before the rain. It has been so humid both in my "zoo room" and outside. I love it!

! clutch of babies will be ready to go in 3 weeks and the other clutch in 6 weeks if anyone is interested.

:eek: 95 baby veileds! How cute! Yes, you must share pics!:D Sounds like an awful lot of work caring for all those little green friends, lol!:D

Too funny! Last weekend when I took all day to deep clean half of my cages, feeders, and babies my Husband asked, "Are you having fun? I don't see how this hobby is any fun because there is too much work!" It certainly is alot of work but it is still rewarding! I can't remember, but it MUST have been easier to not have 45 minutes of cham work before AND after work! :)

Before I really knew what I was getting into with veiled chameleons, I had a female who laid a clutch of 75 eggs. Every single one hatched. We were overrun with tiny chams. All I really remember is the non-stop feeding, moving, cleaning rotation. And the constant counting to make sure we didn't lose anyone.

Yesterday I was cleaning the cage bottom and I found the most perfect fecal specimen. Of course I showed it to my husband. He didn't appreciate it :D

That seems to be the conversations that my guy and I have...babies eating, sleeping, coloring up, shedding and pooping. I will get some pics this weekend. Doug wants to get mpg3's with his new camera. We have one guy from the last clutch that is absolutely astounding! You'll see when I post pics of him. Draco is his name and color is his game! LOL

Back
Top Bottom