5 month young veil chameleon

Polly

Hello. My Veil Chameleon is not drinking water. I'm spraying him, misting him and putting him in the shower for 20 minutes at a time. I stress him out every time I pick him up to spray him or to squirt the water from a syringe. I bought pedialyte but not sure how much I should give him and if I should mix it in water. Feedback please :( Also, what does it mean when he leaves his mouth opened?

Last edited:
Just relax. How long have you had your chameleon? Post pic of eyes and poo if you can please.

4 weeks, his pee is white with very little yellow. His eyes are not sunken in at all. I'll post pics in a bit. No poop pics until tomorrow.

here's my little guy :) and his brother...

Attachments

• Hunter.jpg
    Hunter.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 168
  • Forrest.jpg
    Forrest.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 144
yes, he is frisky. he doesn't like being held but I must make him drink water so I have to reach in in order to spray him. The Panther is super mellow, he doesn't mind me grabbing him (slowly, of course), and he licks the leaves and vines so I know he is drinking.

No pedialyte. What makes you think he’s dehydrated?
I agree he doesn't appear to be either from the picture posted. Ive still to this day never seen my Veiled drink. But I spray and he stays hydrated regardless.

OP I suggest try feeding a hornworm if you're worried about hydration. Pedialyte is more for emergency type situations.

I agree he doesn't appear to be either from the picture posted. Ive still to this day never seen my Veiled drink. But I spray and he stays hydrated regardless.

OP I suggest try feeding a hornworm if you're worried about hydration. Pedialyte is more for emergency type situations.

ok. Maybe I'm just freaking out. No pedialyte then. thanks for the advice

Leave him alone. 4 weeks is not a lot of time for a chameleon to become comfortable in a new enclosure. Some chameleons are shy drinkers. Monitor the urates and his eyes.

Its been months since I've seen my veiled drink from the leaves.

Leave him alone. 4 weeks is not a lot of time for a chameleon to become comfortable in a new enclosure. Some chameleons are shy drinkers. Monitor the urates and his eyes.

Its been months since I've seen my veiled drink from the leaves.
ok, thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom