5 month panther. How are his colors coming along?

pba110

Established Member
What do you guys think. Leon's a 5.5 month red bar ambilobe. Here's a shot from a week or so ago. one of the few times I've seen him fire up. He was just chilling in his usual spot and out of the corner of my eye I saw him start huffing up so i snapped a shot. He also shot out the hemipene today. That thing looks like a crazy alien head. Hahaha...
IMG_2116.jpg

Here's his normal colors:
IMG_2143.jpg

Just bored and posting this really, but anyone else seeing potential? I have no experience with panthers...

Oh my goodness! He's gonna be one bad ass boy! Thanks for sharing the pic.

My guy was/is an extremely late bloomer. I even posted about his slow progress. Folks assured me to just be patient. They were right. Only in the last couple of months has he started coloring up, and now every day he's looking a little bit more INSANE. Just wait, you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

By the way, Gizmo is now around 12 months old. From the looks of your boy though, I seriously doubt you're going to have to wait that long. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the comments guys. He's from Screameleons,sired by Xirxis. He has a very laid back demeanor though unlike his dad. Come to think of it though I think Xirxis is a mix blue/red bar. So we'll see where his colors end up. I'll for sure post updates. Anyone else have a Xirxis male? I would love to see some examples.

Looking at his relaxed colors I'd say blue bar, but they can be very variable. My guy is of a fine blue bar bloodline, and only really shows blue when he fires up; relaxed, it's kind of a burgandy.
Very nice cham; I like the yellows on his fired-up shot.

He is going to be wicked. :cool: Thanks for sharing the pic.

Looks like he was watching all the cars and people down below through the window... Perhaps he was looking out for a lady cham...??

yeah just wait for that one year mark, by then you will see alot of permenant and non-perminent color changes, my cham started of with just blue bars, the he started to get red on the edges of the blue bars, now the bars are mosly red... lol and thats why i love this hobby!! :)

chris

Back
Top Bottom