5 month old veiled

barker

what's the basic care for a 5 month old, male veiled? i've never had a veiled so young before and not sure on its care; supplements and how often to give them. how often to mist and how long; how many crickets a day; basking temp; would he be interested in veggies yet? here's a few pics of barker's setup.
015-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

012-2.jpg
014.jpg

Great looking cage. I would get rid of the fogger and get a misting system instead. For supplements you need calcium w/o d3, calcium w/ d3, and a multivitamin supplement. You want to dust with just the calcium every feeding and dust with the d3 and multivitamin twice a month each. At 5 months I would offer him 5-8 large sized crickets or medium sized dubia everyday. Mist for about 5 minutes 3x a day. His basking spot should be 85 degrees. He might eat some veggies, it's worth a try.

what kind of misting system? nothing high-tech, right? would prefer to be able to get it locally if possible

how far away should the uvb light be from barker? he's sitting directly under it right now with a screen between them

Back
Top Bottom