5.5 month old veiled eggs sweating/shrinking

Zanish

Let me begin with the panther clutch I just hatched.... 9mo incubation period, hatched over about a week, 2-3-4 a day with one stubborn egg remaining now, about 9-10 days after first hatchling....
Now... let 's move on to the veiled clutch I kept in an identical tupperware lid-lock dish, stacked underneath the panther egg container.... I just went in, and noticed all but 1 veiled egg has shrunk , some more than others...and about 40-50% are showing a "window" and sweating from it.... Great, time to hatch!!! BUT THEY ARE ONLY 5.5 MONTHS OLD EGGS. And the amount that all are acting the same is really making me think that this is NOT HATCHING RELATED.... All the eggs acting so similar is making me think that some environmental reason is causing the shrinking/sweating....because all are doing it at same time...When the panthers hatched, it was just a very few that shrank each day, sweated.... not 99% (all but 1).... Not to mention it's only been 5.5 months at 72F..... I was not expecting hatching for at least another month or two...
Would someone experienced please tell me if there is any other possible reason they would act this way??? Did it get too hot?? Is it too DRY???
Or..... is the absolute ONLY explanation that they are going to hatch momentarily? Are U sure???? They just don't look ready .....I got the Dame less than 3 days before she laid, she was gravid when I bought her, when the eggs were laid, i did notice a slight calcium deficiency... which is why I say they dont look ready to hatch, I can still see a little into the shell, and it just dont look developed yet...
Or am I nuts (Only my secong clutch, panther clutch was my first) and they are gonna hatch any minute/day?
TY in advance for any advice opinions.

Several hours, and 37 views... but no one on that might have some insight? I've read Veilds hatch at 150-180 days... I'm at 165, and I've read they hatch around 270 days. My mentor finally replied to a text I sent him, but he can't be sure either as he Only breeds panthers. He suggested it could be a low humidity issue. I didn't see nearly as much condensation on the lid as usual, so I added a little water, and checking them tomorrow to see if they stopped shrinking/sweating and rehydrated /swelled back up.
I'm still starving for others experiences.

The veiled eggs I've hatched in the past also hatched from the 5 to 6 month mark.
They all hatched good and healthy.

My temps are normally on the warmer side. 76-78.
My panther eggs also hatch faster in warmer temps.
Around 6 month mark.

Maybe warmer on the bottom????!

Back
Top Bottom