4 days without food?

therealmermaid

Hey guys,

I've had a problem with a supplier who delivers to my door (I live in the middle of nowhere!), I have only 2 crickets left, but he cannot get my new food order to me until Friday (today is Wednesday).

Roger, my panther chameleon, is 10 months old. He didn't feed yesterday, but the day before that he had 4 large crickets.

I was just wondering whether it would be really bad for him to go a 4 days without food? I try to feed him everyday, but recently he seems to feed once every 2 days (which I've heard is normal for a cham as they get older?)

What do you guys think?

Thank you :)

Hey guys,

I've had a problem with a supplier who delivers to my door (I live in the middle of nowhere!), I have only 2 crickets left, but he cannot get my new food order to me until Friday (today is Wednesday).

Roger, my panther chameleon, is 10 months old. He didn't feed yesterday, but the day before that he had 4 large crickets.

I was just wondering whether it would be really bad for him to go a 4 days without food? I try to feed him everyday, but recently he seems to feed once every 2 days (which I've heard is normal for a cham as they get older?)

What do you guys think?

Thank you :)

These creatures can go a month with out eating!!

go to walmart in the sporting section. They sell waxworms and some even sell butterwoms. Most pet stores sell superworms. You can always go outside and catch a few moths at night. But 4 days will not kill him. Don't worry. Make sure he is drinking.

If he is otherwise healthy, 4 days is fine. Skipping a few days every now and then for adults/mostly grown animals is a good thing in my opinion. Imagine in the wild where they might have to go several days without food every now and then.

Thank you guys! And thanks for the recommendations to Walmart - but unfortunately I live in the UK and I also live in the middle of a tiny coastal village with no decent pet store :eek:

Much appreciated :D

Back
Top Bottom