3mo panther goes to bed before sunset

ChameleonClem

Established Member
I have a 3month old baby panther i just got last week, today He is already “in bed” with his eyes open but in a comfy sleeping spot in that position. Today has been rainy and dark outside. (He did come out to eat his dinner at yhe normal times)
Should i be concerned about him wanting to sleep so early?

He usually goes to “bed” like this when the sun begins to set and the light levels outside drop.

He seems otherwise healthy, but i have noticed when he grabs crickets sometimes he drops them sometime between grabbing them w his tongue and getting them in his mouth. Im assuming this is due to calcium dust?

I have a 3month old baby panther i just got last week, today He is already “in bed” with his eyes open but in a comfy sleeping spot in that position. Today has been rainy and dark outside. (He did come out to eat his dinner at yhe normal times)
Should i be concerned about him wanting to sleep so early?

He usually goes to “bed” like this when the sun begins to set and the light levels outside drop.

He seems otherwise healthy, but i have noticed when he grabs crickets sometimes he drops them sometime between grabbing them w his tongue and getting them in his mouth. Im assuming this is due to calcium dust?
My panther will make his way to his specific sleeping spot at least a full hour before lights out, sometimes even two! As for dropping bugs I’ve definitely seen it happen before for some reason or another, but overall make sure you’re not using too much powder for dusting. Very light 👍

My panther goes to bed 2 hours before lights out. This can be normal. Continue to pay attention to him in case something else comes up but most likely he is just tucking himself in a little bit before bed time.

Both my panther and vieled are up with the sun and sleep time as it goes down. I tried a different schedule but they both just ignored the lights. So i am on a 6:30am to 6:30pm light schedule. Misting and feeding start at 8:30-9 and i have the fogger set for 4:30am to 5:30am. i hand mist through out the day. it seems to work fine for us.

Oh btw the only thing i do have to watch is where they go to sleep so i dont have the fogger hitting them while they ate sleeping. Just when i rhink i have the perfect spot for each of
them One will decide to bunk under the fogger so they keep me on my toes!

Back
Top Bottom