3D Printed Feeder Run

iPwnedMSCS

Established Member
Hello,

I designed and printed this basic feeder run and thought I should share it with the community for anyone who might be interested.

Files are available on Thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5849671

IMG_7953.jpg
IMG_7958.jpg

Most appreciated! Was on my list to design and you saved me the trouble.
Was in the middle of developing some wargame hexes and buildings for tabletop games (Battletech, D&D), if your interested drop me a line, I'll fire you the stl's.
Will eventually get them up on Thingie, but waiting till they're all complete and tested.

I have concerns about 3D printing. Very few plastics are food safe and even when they are the dyes used to color them are not. 3D printing also creates a porous surface that can not be cleaned properly. If you have a parasite problem you should throw away any 3D printed objects used in the cage just like you would branches and soil.
I think it's a great tool for making molds and items used outside the cage but I have serious reservations about using it inside a cage.

The screen ring fits inside the bottom of the frame. I stretched a piece of screen, cut about half an inch wider than the ring, over it and pushed into the bottom. Trim the excess after. Went with screen to keep it from retaining water.

The grid is latch hook grid (often called granny grating by model making folks) and the sides are 0.10" polystyrene. I originally was going to use the plastic from a 2-liter soda bottle, but my makeshift one was made from that and the poor little guy was trying to shoot bugs through the plastic

AM confused, am i doing it right?
Ha! The amount of times I've come home to that.
FYI, I'm running an Ender5 pro and was ready to throw it off the roof due to adhesion issues.
Tape, glue sticks, hairspray, glass plates, painter's tape, etc...
Picked up a PEI plate, I run the thing almost 24/7 now and haven't hit any snags. Best upgrade I've ever made, even beats out the auto leveler.

Ha! The amount of times I've come home to that.
FYI, I'm running an Ender5 pro and was ready to throw it off the roof due to adhesion issues.
Tape, glue sticks, hairspray, glass plates, painter's tape, etc...
Picked up a PEI plate, I run the thing almost 24/7 now and haven't hit any snags. Best upgrade I've ever made, even beats out the auto leveler.

I was about to try car wax or car ceramic coating...

Back
Top Bottom