365 days of Jake

tdismang

I hope the two other users who are doing the "365 days of..." don't mind me stealing their idea. I just thought it was so awesome, and I love to document stuff. This is my first experience with a chameleon and being that there are many color/pattern variations with veileds, I thought it would be interesting to see his development.
So, I'll start with the day I got him. It's not the best shot, but it's something.

March 29, 2013
jake3-29.jpg

So, this is more of a picture of my daughter than it is him, but I had a pretty big gap between photo shoots :p
April 10, 2013
jake4-10.jpg

A day that will be remembered forever: the day he escaped. I am so thankful that is he okay!

April 19, 2013
jake4-19.jpg

Love these day by day threads.

Though I'm curious, what are those black specks on his body? I don't think I've seen that before.

Those are from when he escaped back in April. A lot of them shed off with his last shed. They are just superficial scratches.

Those are from when he escaped back in April. A lot of them shed off with his last shed. They are just superficial scratches.

I see! So they're just normal "bruising" that will go away with time? I believe I read that thread. Great photos!

I don't think they're bruises, since they are actually flaking off as they heal. Like, scabs almost. But he never bled or anything. I don't know, lizard skin is weird to me lol!

I see! So they're just normal "bruising" that will go away with time? I believe I read that thread. Great photos!

oh, and thank you! I have a fancy camera but it needs batteries and I'm too lazy to put them in lol! One of these days I'll break that sucker out and get some really good shots of Jake. I can't wait for his battle scars to go away.

Back
Top Bottom