30 gallon plus pygmy tanks

jim734123

Does any one have any tanks of this size? kind of getting the itch and have found some 55-30 gallon aquariums on craigslist for pretty cheap. would love to see any pics any one has to maybe get some ideas going. thanks guys and gals.

Yes a 55gal would be great. If set up right there supposed to be low maintenance. Love those pigmys.

I have one that is something like 45 or 50 (maybe more? I cant rember. It was previously the home of a friends beardie until she passed away.) right now it has 4 temporalis pygmies in it and they use every inch. I cant imagine them being comfortable if I put more than one or two more in there.

I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the pygmies like to go vertical and so getting a 'tall' or breeder tank would be the way to go. I was thinking of putting a second story on a tank and make that all screen.

some times when petco over stocks they have tank prices for 1$ per gallon i bought a 40 gallon for around 45 cause of tax

I have one that is something like 45 or 50 (maybe more? I cant rember. It was previously the home of a friends beardie until she passed away.) right now it has 4 temporalis pygmies in it and they use every inch. I cant imagine them being comfortable if I put more than one or two more in there.

Okay I misspoke, last time I was at the pet store I was looking at one of the huge fishtails that was like 200g and thinking of how many pygs I could put in there. Looking at my 40g you're right, it wouldn't be that many. Yours sounds awesome btw!

A 200 would be awesome! I would love to have one that big if I had the space and money! Having more than one male wouldnt even be an issue!

can you share a pic please. :)

I love pygmies, smaller the better. (I'd love to have the smallest chameleon in the world)

Waiting till I have more space and money but I plan on having pygmies, 30 gallon is ideal in my opinion, but bigger = more :)

Back
Top Bottom