30 Deads Crickets this morning!

lthrbecks

Established Member
I've never known so many crickets to die overnight! Id normally have around 10 per week. What's killed them I wonder? Any ideas. They're well fed, watered and heat lamp for around 5 hours per day. Room temperature is always mid 20s Celsius.

I heard the air goes bad with urine and death and it kills them. Try more vent holes and tubes that allow the cricket to go higher near the vents where the air is better.

I heard the air goes bad with urine and death and it kills them. Try more vent holes and tubes that allow the cricket to go higher near the vents where the air is better.
I've seen pics of his cricket setup it has plenty of ventilation and space

That is weird, I've had the same crickets in my bin for almost two months now since Ezekiel has decided he only wants to eat orange heads right now. What kind of crickets are they? I have banded crickets.

I've never known so many crickets to die overnight! Id normally have around 10 per week. What's killed them I wonder? Any ideas. They're well fed, watered and heat lamp for around 5 hours per day. Room temperature is always mid 20s Celsius.
Crickets die off if overcrowded or mold. If any dead ones are not removed it will cause more to die. One reason I don't do crickets anymore.???

Trust me, I don't like them either, due to the excessive chirping of the escapee males! I have to buy them, as I've three tree frogs who need, them along with hoppers.

Back
Top Bottom