3 part question!!!!

N e 1 know how to make a cricket farm? a hornworm farm? a silkworm farm?

Did you notice how Georgia Bugs came and went? if your trying to make money, good luck! If bugs were a money maker everyone would be doing it.:rolleyes:

For your own bugs... search 'silkworms 101'

there are a lot of threads out there about these things, just search the forum.

Did you notice how Georgia Bugs came and went? if your trying to make money, good luck! If bugs were a money maker everyone would be doing it.:rolleyes:

For your own bugs... search 'silkworms 101'

there are a lot of threads out there about these things, just search the forum.

Just for personal use, trying to save a little money, How about crickets? can you farm them?

Just for personal use, trying to save a little money, How about crickets? can you farm them?

All of thes bugs can be 'farmed'... lol cricket places like Rainbow or Mulberry don't buy them.. they breed them... or farm them. There are tutorials on the forum you can dig up that will tell you how its done. Silk worms are tricky. Horn worms aren't so hard.... but ya gotta keep the ball rolling. crickets are pretty simple to get going... but to keep the young crickets going is hard.

Imagine MILLIONS of crickets being raised.. MILLIONS.... that is Rainbow... with more than one location. :eek:

Edit: If you were gonna 'breed' or raise silks, I would just buy the eggs and learn how to raise them from eggs. You can also use the silk moth as food after it hatches.

Crickets smell horrible if you don't keep them right (I found out the hard way) and I wouldn't suggest them. I prefer Dubia.

Crickets smell horrible if you don't keep them right (I found out the hard way) and I wouldn't suggest them. I prefer Dubia.

this is a good idea... but not all chams like Dubia. The attraction to a cricket is that it moves a lot and gets the chams attention. Dubia don't move the same or attract the same amount of attention.

I think changing over is a great idea, if your cham likes them.

I feel people should warn others of this.

this is a good idea... but not all chams like Dubia. The attraction to a cricket is that it moves a lot and gets the chams attention. Dubia don't move the same or attract the same amount of attention.

I think changing over is a great idea, if your cham likes them.

I feel people should warn others of this.

Yeah, I was disappointed when my new panther ignored his dubia feast. I spent all last summer breeding them just for him.

Yeah, I was disappointed when my new panther ignored his dubia feast. I spent all last summer breeding them just for him.

I had the same issue.... but one of my Melleri LOVES Dubia... and hes a pig..... so its kinda working out. Or and my female veiled who will eat anything... even my finger!

She shot at the tip of my finger just because it was in front of her and wouldn't let go..... so i let her pull my finger into her mouth and she took a nice hard bite before realizing it wasn't food LOL

All of thes bugs can be 'farmed'... lol cricket places like Rainbow or Mulberry don't buy them.. they breed them... or farm them. There are tutorials on the forum you can dig up that will tell you how its done. Silk worms are tricky. Horn worms aren't so hard.... but ya gotta keep the ball rolling. crickets are pretty simple to get going... but to keep the young crickets going is hard.

Imagine MILLIONS of crickets being raised.. MILLIONS.... that is Rainbow... with more than one location. :eek:

Edit: If you were gonna 'breed' or raise silks, I would just buy the eggs and learn how to raise them from eggs. You can also use the silk moth as food after it hatches.

........... Hmmmmm i loked and i cant find any tutorials. I think i am looking in the wrong spots or just doing ti wrong, how should i be doing it?

Can any one post a good link for cricket farming?

no 1 has given me a good one, but people always say its easy to find. I cant find it! while you are at it, if you want to be nice you can post a good silk worm farming site too please! T Y

or just any farming sitesss.... frree food is good food.. and im sure its quite interesting....

Back
Top Bottom