3 Months old Today !

JoeG

Born on new years day, these j. jacksoniis seem to be growing very slowly so far. Thought I would post a couple pics. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0111.jpg
    DSC_0111.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0112.jpg
    DSC_0112.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 95
cool they look awsome both the females and males have horns right?

normally just males have horns, but there are a few cases with females that have grown horns..usually in just one nose horn or two eye horns..pretty rare unless you find the sub-species that has females that usually do that..

normally just males have horns, but there are a few cases with females that have grown horns..usually in just one nose horn or two eye horns..pretty rare unless you find the sub-species that has females that usually do that..

which is why i asked cuz he said jacksonii jacksonii, not jacksonii xanthophus-the more common jacksons- xanths females ususally have no horns but wasnt sure about the sub-species he has..

which is why i asked cuz he said jacksonii jacksonii, not jacksonii xanthophus-the more common jacksons- xanths females ususally have no horns but wasnt sure about the sub-species he has..

good point...(nice eyes on that!! lol)

but i do beleive that is a male...

cool they look awsome both the females and males have horns right?

Yes , the first pic is a female, the second & third are the same male, & the last two are a different male. They all have three horns but the male's horns are much bigger.

usually on jacksons, horn points are larger than females.

veileds have spurs "bumps" on the heels to show male

panther, tail base (most larger chams are easy with this..only after looking at a bunch of babies and get used to looking at them, they will have a micro bump at the tail base..and color is usually more than three at once..this is what i use to tell)

they all have a small difference you will start seeing..

Yes , the first pic is a female, the second & third are the same male, & the last two are a different male. They all have three horns but the male's horns are much bigger.

cool:)...i hear these male jacksons get a nice yellow lateral line going on with a bright green body:cool:

usually on jacksons, horn points are larger than females.

veileds have spurs "bumps" on the heels to show male

panther, tail base (most larger chams are easy with this..only after looking at a bunch of babies and get used to looking at them, they will have a micro bump at the tail base..and color is usually more than three at once..this is what i use to tell)

they all have a small difference you will start seeing..

thank you i knew about veileds and panthers but wasnt sure with jacksons or other montane type chams...:)

:D ya im always learning still myself..even tho ive had more than seven clutches of jackson babies...i do know he is a colorful one, most his size are usually still a brownish, tan with white upsidedown triangles, so that makes me guess its not a xan, it must be the higher elevation, smaller montane species...just a guess tho..:)

:D ya im always learning still myself..even tho ive had more than seven clutches of jackson babies...i do know he is a colorful one, most his size are usually still a brownish, tan with white upsidedown triangles, so that makes me guess its not a xan, it must be the higher elevation, smaller montane species...just a guess tho..:)

Common name is Mt. Kenya Jacksons. or jacksonii jacksonii...

What kind of growth rate did you have with your xanths ? These guys are in slow motion. I had panthers at 3 months were easily triple in size.

well truthfully they take forever to grow..ive tried different set ups, free ranges, supplements..they just wait untill about a year then have a spurt of growth..

well truthfully they take forever to grow..ive tried different set ups, free ranges, supplements..they just wait untill about a year then have a spurt of growth..

Thanks for the warning! I am patiently enjoying the growing process. I feel like a parent again.

Back
Top Bottom