3 Months Ambilobe Colors?

Hard2DaKore

Hi there i am new to the forum :) great site! i have 3 months old Ambilobe Panther, hes very active and eats well. this is my 1st cham. was wondering at roughly what age do they start brighten up thier skin hes always a kinda dark green and when not baskin hes white/lime green.

thanks guys / gals

Ryan

Hi there i am new to the forum :) great site! i have 3 months old Ambilobe Panther, hes very active and eats well. this is my 1st cham. was wondering at roughly what age do they start brighten up thier skin hes always a kinda dark green and when not baskin hes white/lime green.

thanks guys / gals

Ryan

They get fully coloured at around 18 months, but your boy should start showing colours very soon, and it will be a slow, but fascinating process! Make sure he's under correct temps/humidity and depending on where you live bring him outside under the sun!

thanks guys / gals

Ryan

it depends on the cham personally, mine had colors some adults have at only 3 months, some are earlie, some are late bloomers (taking around 6 months or more to show full coloration)

just be patient!!

Welcome to the madhouse LOL!
You have come to the right place!! Fantastic bunch of people on here!!

My panther had a few specks of green at 3 months, then gradually got greener around 4-5months.

Then they just get more colourful the more they shed!! :cool:

Fascinating to watch them change.

Is this your first cham?

Always worth letting everyone know about your cham and set up on here to make sure all is well (And in case you ever need to ask for help ;) )

Please fill this out:

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

And you MUST post pics, or there are a few on here that will hunt you down HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Great to have you here hun! x

My ambilobe shows more colour each time he sheds. From 3-6months they shed about every 4weeks (if my memory serves me correct). It tends to slow down the older they get. But dont worry, you'll soon start seeing those colours. It happens really fast as well.

Here is Donahue showing as much color as he could at 3.5months:
View attachment 49795
...and relaxing at 6-6.5months:
View attachment 49798

So they change quite a bit.
Its normal for him to be grayscale atm, and with each shed he will color up more.;)

Cor, that is a massive transformation in such a short amount of time! Lovely looking cham! Our one is nearly 4 months old now so not long till he's the same age as your one is in that pic, would be amazing if he had colours like yours that soon!!!

Back
Top Bottom