3 Month Veiled sleeps longer than me? & other concerns

Randall the Cham

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled, Male, and about 3 months. How long has it been in your care: 2 weeks
  • Handling - Every day for about a week
  • Feeding - Mainly Crickets, some meal worms. 3-8 crickets a day, 2-3 meal worms. morning I give him about 3 crickets, afternoon I give him around 3 more. I put different fruits (strawberries or grapes in my cricket container for around 24 hours.
  • Supplements - I dusted with Rep-Cal Calcium with Vit.D3 for about 3-4 days, then realized that I wasn't supposed to give him that much Vit.D3 and have since stopped. I am going to the petstore today to buy him Calcium without Vit.D3.
  • Watering - I have a dripper and I hand spray. I mist around 3-4 times a day, I mist until I can see droplets on almost all of the leaves in his enclosure. Every now and Then I see him drink.
  • Fecal Description - Brown stool, white urate. Never tested for parasites to my knowledge.
  • History - When I bought him I didn't look close enough to thoroughly inspect him. However upon arriving home I realized that he had 4 bumps on his right ribs. I believe he broke them when he was smaller because of the size and how easily he moves around.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage, 16" x 16" x 30"
  • Lighting - Fluker's basking bulb, 40 watt. UVb 100 Exo Terra. Lights on around 8:30-9am, Lights off around 9:00-9:30pm
  • Temperature - Basking spot stays between 80-90, House is usually 69-72 degrees F, Overnight temp goes down to 65-67 degrees F. I have a behind his enclosure and The thermostat of the house.
  • Humidity - % humidity is around 70. I use a small zoo-med humidity reader
  • Plants - 2 live plants, an umbrella and a Zebra plant
  • Placement - Cage is located near my bedroom door, across from the windows, no fans, or air vents near him. Traffic fluctuates during the day. Top of the cage is about 6 feet relative to room floor.
  • Location - Columbus Ohio

Current Problem - I have a 3 month Veiled named Randall and he is worrying me a bit. I usually put him to bed around 8:30-9pm and turn on his lights around 9:00-9:30. However, in the mornings he likes to sleep in past when I turn on his lights. He will often nap until around 11-12 until he actually gets up and moves about. Should I be worried?

Also, sometimes, when he is waking up, he will occasionally make somewhat of a squeaking or wheezing sound. This usually stops in the afternoon and is only present in the morning.

He is pooping and peeing normally. However, He has recently been ignoring his crickets for the most part. I know he is eating because is is going to the bathroom. He has eaten in front of me before but the past few days he has seemingly been ignoring his crickets. He will eat his 2-3 meal worms a day though.

Someone told me that I should rotate the types of fruit I gut load the crickets with so that he doesn't refuse the crickets. I started trying this yesterday and will see how he fares with crickets today.

3ad46cdaba.jpg

a4b8395971.jpg

cf4dfc43f9.jpg

The green bowl on the right is not for water, it is where I usually put the meal worms and crickets.

I rearranged his leaves today a bit. Here is the latest picture of his home:
a4372e5229.jpg

dded8c4be7.jpg

Most recent poop does not look as good as usual

Attachments

• 20170913_100801.jpg
    20170913_100801.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
He might be a little overstressed by the higher traffic around his cage and all the handling. Leave him alone more....he's still trying to settle into his new home.

Back
Top Bottom