3 Chams closing 1 eye at times?

My 2 year old m&f jacksons and my year old male panther are closing their 1 eye at times. I have several 48x24 reptibreeze cages , all have good UVB,basking, and plant bulbs. Temps range from 95 basking area to 60-65 night time .I mist & drip twice a day.i feed them ,crickets,silkworms,super worms,roaches,wax worms,butter worms. I dust with repashy calcium plus & super pig daily. Fecal looks white part and brown normal on male panther he is the most recent I noticed closing 1 eye. The F Jackson had a white brown, black with some clear jell looking mater, she may be pregnant? . The male Jackson's are more white and watery . Everyone is eating and drinking well, active. I think they may have parasites? I also have 3 small veiled 3 months old 1 male & females. Has anyone else had this problem, recommend any products
P.s. I tried getting membership in this forum a couple years ago, and couldn't figure it out , finally I'm here ,I'm no techie no cell to take pics , ok to laugh, but still need help. This is the 1st health issue Ive had with my chameleons, I don't want something to get my whole herd.any suggestion on what to try.

My 2 year old m&f jacksons and my year old male panther are closing their 1 eye at times. I have several 48x24 reptibreeze cages , all have good UVB,basking, and plant bulbs. Temps range from 95 basking area to 60-65 night time .I mist & drip twice a day.i feed them ,crickets,silkworms,super worms,roaches,wax worms,butter worms. I dust with repashy calcium plus & super pig daily. Fecal looks white part and brown normal on male panther he is the most recent I noticed closing 1 eye. The F Jackson had a white brown, black with some clear jell looking mater, she may be pregnant? . The male Jackson's are more white and watery . Everyone is eating and drinking well, active. I think they may have parasites? I also have 3 small veiled 3 months old 1 male & females. Has anyone else had this problem, recommend any products
P.s. I tried getting membership in this forum a couple years ago, and couldn't figure it out , finally I'm here ,I'm no techie no cell to take pics , ok to laugh, but still need help. This is the 1st health issue Ive had with my chameleons, I don't want something to get my whole herd.any suggestion on what to try.

Parasites may have nothing to do with their eyes. You can easily check this though. Most chams are going to have some.

Are they rubbing their eyes more? What's the cage humidity level and how do you measure it? Often an irritated itchy eye is a sign of dehydration. What happens when you increase spraying (gently for a longer time rather than harder for a short time). Raise the cage humidity overall.

Is there any discharge or eyelids stuck shut in the mornings? If so, possible eye infection going on, and yes, some types could be possible to spread from one to the other.

I haven't seen any discharge at all. I have seen them rub their eyes a little. I'll try upping their humidity. I spray hard and fast the whole cage. Also drip a 1/2 cup of water from top . I have 2 or 3 sides covered to keep heat and humidity in.i have digital temp/ hygrometers at the tops of cages .humidity lows 20 when dry to 50-60 after misting at top of cage. I have a reptifogger I never use , I'll plug in .it has been such a cold winter the heater is always turning on.

Back
Top Bottom