250 watts?

Unless it is quite a distance away from the enclosure I would say you're safer with between 50 and 75 watts.

dude 250 is like gonna fry that sucker. the basking is gonna be like 200 degrees. 100w is a little much. i use a 75w.

You need a thermometer. Please don't go by wattage alone.
:)

I 2nd that. I use 100w basking bulbs with my chams and the light is about 10 inches above the highest basking point and the warmest spots stay pretty consistant in the high 80's. 250w is serious overkill though. Your temps will be out the roof.

100w mv bulb here; 10inches from basking spot and temps are still in the mid 90's. 250w would put the chamy well done in 20min.lol

75 watt for me as well using a deep dome lamp placed directly on top of the cage. his basking spot is about 10 inches away from the lamp letting him get to 90-95 degrees when he is basking. 250 is considered high even for bearded dragons which can cause brain damage as well as burns.

Yeah, actually that is what I should have said in my first post. 250 will fry the little sucker, but you NEED thermometers for your enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom