23 Eggs!

melric

Avid Member
My female is done laying her eggs. She doesn't look very tired, but I misted her a lot and left some silk worms in her enclosure. She ate them both!

I ended up just putting the sand inside her exoterra 18 by 24 high enclosure. I piled it high on one half to about 11-12 inches where I noticed her digging before. I guess she liked that corner. She is doing well, and I'm so excited about her small clutch.

I bought this incubator from lllreptile in Escondido on my way back from picking up my new Ambilobe.

Take a look everyone!!!!

Attachments

• photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 162
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 148
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 163
congrats! and now comes the waiting! lol. we have 2 clutches incubating atm... lol.

that's the same incubator i picked up, too...the second time. bought a different one that someone recommended...and don't like it at all cause it doesn't cool so i couldn't get the temps to regulate in it.... i like the other one so far...just wish it was a bit bigger!

Thanks everyone! I'm just super excited right now. I think they look fertile, what about everyone else?

Thanks everyone! I'm just super excited right now. I think they look fertile, what about everyone else?

I was told you have to wait like 2 weeks to a month to tell, over time if any mold, or collapse they are infertile and you have to throw them out.

Great I'm glad I chose that incubator then. I was sure it was going to be reliable.

Take a look. Momma is doing great!

Attachments

• photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 108
Just give momma loves of extra water and a extra dash of calcium, she may not look tired but she needs taken good care of at this time. Really nice small clutch, congrats.

Just give momma loves of extra water and a extra dash of calcium, she may not look tired but she needs taken good care of at this time. Really nice small clutch, congrats.

Thanks. You're right! All the excitement I almost forgot I got liquid calcium for her. I'll giver her some in tomorrows feeding. :)

congrats on the successful lay! now the game of patience starts :p, i'm actually so impressed that she laid right in the exo-terra, and not a laying bin, that's awesome! as Lauire said, plenty of water for momma, plenish her with good food and calcium :)

again congrats! :D

Oooooo how lovely - congratulations

It never fails to amaze me, that termite hill of careful laid eggs and looking at them wondering how the hell they all fitted in her lol.

I lost one egg in the early days, it was around the two week mark I finally gave up on it, it had gradually gone darker day by day until dark brown. But all it's clutchmates happily marched onwards lol

Now the wait....and being at the other end of the process right now all I can say is it's like human labour. Hell to go through, impatience, worry, are all the conditions ok and dragging on forever and ever........then after, you wonder what all the fuss was about :D

They do look fertile. That is a very small clutch for a Veiled. If the laying bin is in the cage I would leave it in there just in case. Did she cover them up all the way like she was done?

congrats on the successful lay! now the game of patience starts :p, i'm actually so impressed that she laid right in the exo-terra, and not a laying bin, that's awesome! as Lauire said, plenty of water for momma, plenish her with good food and calcium :)

again congrats! :D

Oooooo how lovely - congratulations

It never fails to amaze me, that termite hill of careful laid eggs and looking at them wondering how the hell they all fitted in her lol.

I lost one egg in the early days, it was around the two week mark I finally gave up on it, it had gradually gone darker day by day until dark brown. But all it's clutchmates happily marched onwards lol

Now the wait....and being at the other end of the process right now all I can say is it's like human labour. Hell to go through, impatience, worry, are all the conditions ok and dragging on forever and ever........then after, you wonder what all the fuss was about :D

They do look fertile. That is a very small clutch for a Veiled. If the laying bin is in the cage I would leave it in there just in case. Did she cover them up all the way like she was done?

Thanks guys! She just would not touch the laying bin and kept clawing in the corner on the Styrofoam background so I took her out poured all the sand mixture out and put her back in. When I got back home she covered them all up and the mound looked way bigger than when I first put the sand in. I saw her still covering them up.

Now for the long anguishing wait. :( I gave her some crickets and silkworms sprayed with liquid calcium today too. I don't think chameleons like that stuff.

Me n kisa were there :D the only reason she laid em that day is cuz were lucky! hahaha good thinggs always happen when we r around :) wish we could be out cham hunting with u...:(

Me n kisa were there :D the only reason she laid em that day is cuz were lucky! hahaha good thinggs always happen when we r around :) wish we could be out cham hunting with u...:(

You guys are lucky! lol. Next time, next time. :)

Okay so I'm gonna go ahead and assume the eggs are fertile now. They're still white and they might have gotten bigger. I've been reading if they're infertile they would have deflated by now, right?

Okay so I'm gonna go ahead and assume the eggs are fertile now. They're still white and they might have gotten bigger. I've been reading if they're infertile they would have deflated by now, right?

Mine are getting bigger also! I have lost one, but 3 have dents in them but are still looking promising! I have quite a few that look like they are doubled in size! :O

Mine are getting bigger also! I have lost one, but 3 have dents in them but are still looking promising! I have quite a few that look like they are doubled in size! :O

I had no idea that they grew after being laid. It was something I discovered after reading about it here. Hahaha. Lots of info.
Awe I hope yours make it.

But, I haven't noticed any dents. I sprayed the hatchrite once or twice after I read about it drying out. It seems moist still though.

I haven't noticed any water condensation in the container. Is it supposed to condensate?

Back
Top Bottom