2019 CITES Quotas have been Posted

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
Just a heads up thread. The 2019 CITES quotas have been posted. The Madagascar quotas look the same. While there are what I think is new chameleon quotas from Cameroon consisting of, Trioceros serratus 1,000, Trioceros cristatus 2,000, and Trioceros oweni 1,500. There is a huge new quota from the Republic of Congo of 3000 Kinyongia carpenteri. This is an anomaly as this species is almost never imported and almost unheard of imported in numbers. This species Kinyongia carpenteri is not well documented in this species natural habitat.

There are no CITES quotas this year for Tanzania or Kenya.

If you want to have a look at the new 2019 CITES have a look. This is a link.

https://cites.org/eng/resources/quotas/index.php

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
These chameleon quotas are the same as the chameleon quotas for 2018. The new quotas for Cameroon were actually made in 2018. As well the no chameleon quotas for Tanzania were made during 2018.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Sorry, im not really good with CITES and import-export, is this mean there will be no more chameleons from Tanzania before maybe 2020? Thanks ;)

Sorry, im not really good with CITES and import-export, is this mean there will be no more chameleons from Tanzania before maybe 2020? Thanks ;)

Mawtyplant

No this updated post just means for the 2019 year CITES is not issuing quotas for Tanzania. Tanzania as a country has been saying independently of CITES that they are not going to export any of their animals (reptiles) for export for much longer period than two years.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Mawtyplant

No this updated post just means for the 2019 year CITES is not issuing quotas for Tanzania. Tanzania as a country has been saying independently of CITES that they are not going to export any of their animals (reptiles) for export for much longer period than two years.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thank you!

i joust found this : http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-02/08/c_137807192.htm I think I should hold on my melleri! good to know they can live up to 12 :p

@Motherlode Chameleon HAPPY EASTER BROTHER!!
the-easter-egg-is-easy-to-find-in-this-new-deadpool-2-happy-easter-poster1.jpg.c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom