200 bucks

Toothless the cham

Established Member
My dad told me that if I braise 200 bucks I can build another chameleon cage and get a new chameleon. I'm they're very excited but at the age I am at it's going to take me months. my dad is teaching me eBay so I'm going to be buying and selling stuff on eBay for chameleons hopefully that will help me raise enough money to get a new cage sooner than later. Any other thoughts on how to raise money?

Shoveling, and grass cutting are great places to start. Not sure of your age or weather in your location, but baby sitting, paper routes, corn de-tasseling, picking cucumbers, tomato's etc were great ways to earn money when I was younger.

Now that I am older, and own my own business. I pay a lot of school age kids $50 bucks a week to hand out flyers on their walk to school.

I also made these lizards out of beads when I was a kid. I would just set up shop in front of a store if they will let you. They were nothing special, but I think people bought them because I was a kid. One summer I sold over 200 at $2 each.

We wont mention that I took that money to the local variety store and blew it on single packs of over priced Pokemon cards.

I also made these lizards out of beads when I was a kid. I would just set up shop in front of a store if they will let you. They were nothing special, but I think people bought them because I was a kid. One summer I sold over 200 at $2 each.

We wont mention that I took that money to the local variety store and blew it on single packs of over priced Pokemon cards.
How did you make them?

Seems rather fitting for a goal like this. Make some up and give them to all of your family members to sell at work. Let them know what the cause is and hopefully they share your story when trying to sell.

Go to your nearest junior college, ask the metal shop teacher if he can instruct you on learning how to weld on saturday, learn how, get certified, they make $25.00- $105.00 per hour, start thinking about your future, don't rely on handouts, learn a trade!!

I was in a very similar position as you. I got Stark when I was only 14 and I have paid for everything (over 2000 now). I have mostly pet sat and baby sat for neighbors, but I also shoveled driveways when we got a bad snow storm. Good luck! You can do it!

Go to your nearest junior college, ask the metal shop teacher if he can instruct you on learning how to weld on saturday, learn how, get certified, they make $25.00- $105.00 per hour, start thinking about your future, don't rely on handouts, learn a trade!!

Oh c'mon salty dog! ;) Just a kid trying to make a couple bucks. I appreciate where your going with that comment, and wholesomely agree kids should plan for their future sooner rather than later. However, that's not a realistic option for him to be raising that $200 in the near future. I also don't see him asking for any handouts!

Edit: That is really good advice though, sir!

Didn't know he was 14, If I was him anyways, I'd learn a trade, even at his age!! He could breed insects. Do landscaping. Shovel driveways. Paint houses, clean windows, clean gutters, wash cars or windows etc... I'm sure neighbors would be willing to put a good kid to work

Didn't know he was 14, If I was him anyways, I'd learn a trade, even at his age!! He could breed insects. Do landscaping. Shovel driveways. Paint houses, clean windows, clean gutters, wash cars or windows etc... I'm sure neighbors would be willing to put a good kid to work

I’m not sure how old he is, but sounds young. You got that right though, that’s one thing I miss about the city is the neighbor kids “buggin” me to shovel my driveway at the first snow flake!

I’m not sure how old he is, but sounds young. You got that right though, that’s one thing I miss about the city is the neighbor kids “buggin” me to shovel my driveway at the first snow flake!
The profile says 12 years old from Chicago.

Good for you! Be creative... my 14 year old is a big reader so she sells her used books to buy more. If you have neighbors offer yard work... or if you have neighbors that are older offer to come by each day and take their garbage out to the trash can.. or help bring in groceries when they come home. My mom broke her hip at 62 and this would have been a big help if she didn’t have me close by. So think outside the box too :)

im 16 now and i usually do landscaping petsitting and shoveling in the winter, i started the hobby at 14 yrs old and have spent over 2000 on my companions, also try craigslist, there are a lot of great cages on there for cheap

Make your own cages, can you use a saw and a staple gun? Saw, Compressor, hose, staple gun, tape measure, screwdriver, 2 plants, zip ties, screen and small hinges and a bunch of mulberry tree branches, 4 foot light fixture t-8,1 bulb 6500k full spectrum the other uv bulb required, for me it costs $80.00 and half a day to complete. I use 10.0 uv bulb because all the plants and big cage

Last edited:
05E21E8A-C06D-4234-B24F-9D591BD58E8F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom