2 questions, 2 diff bugs :D

ruru

ohkay my first question....iv had my dubia for a few months now and they have been breeding great on my 3rd generation of babies now, but i always thought the dubia with full wings were male? well, i had a couple extra males i was going to feed off, and before i do i cut their wings a little so its easier for my chams b.c. the roaches are rather big....but while clipping one of the males wings off he opened up his butt and dropped this thing in my hand :eek: here is a picture of it ...can anyone tell me whats happening here? lol or what this might be? idk if it was anygood or not but i stuck it in with the roach in my chams cage and she ate it right up lol
dubia.jpg
and my second question is about katydids.....these monsters infest my house every summer >_< i always catch them and feed them off to my frogs and my frog absolutely love them and go nuts for them, well i was wondering how these guys would work as feeders for chameleons? has anyone tried this or know if they are any good for them or not? if so....i could have hundreds lol
katydid.jpg

Well let me clear up some confusion for you, those arent dubia you have ;). They are discoids, and with discoids both males and females have wings. (I can tell just by the head of the one in your picture). Katydids are excellent feeders for chameleons and mine go absolutely beserk for them. I wish they would invade my house :rolleyes:.

:O oh well then lol....what are the difference between dubia and discoids? because iv looked up pictures of dubia and they looked the same to me? and the person i got them from said they were....are these guys ohkay to feed off? lol
lol here in pa i have to hunt them down almost everynight or they make that annoying noise all night while im trying to sleep lol it drives me nuts :D

Back
Top Bottom