2 minor problems?? (overwatering plant issues)

Hi. @Cerealkilla43 what size is enclosure what kind of mister and how many nozzels. As for the gnats I have drosera plants in the same room as my cham but outside of the enclosure

Not in this sense. They are sold as different products.
I'm sorry, but I'm not following. :unsure:
Dave's Single and a Quarter Pounder are sold as different products, but they're both still quarter pound hamburgers.

Are the coco fiber & coconut husk so different that you couldn't use twice as much of either in lieu of the other?

Part of why I'm asking is that we're going through a similar exercise in mixing up substrate for a tortoise, and using coir for any coconut fiber products. It's not making any difference.

Dave's Single and a Quarter Pounder are sold as different products, but they're both still quarter pound hamburgers.

Are the coco fiber & coconut husk so different that you couldn't use twice as much of either in lieu of the other?

Part of why I'm asking is that we're going through a similar exercise in mixing up substrate for a tortoise, and using coir for any coconut fiber products. It's not making any difference.

in most orchid supply shops - coco fiber is the fibrous strands. The consistency of hair. Or you can get it shredded to a pulp, like zoomed’s coco earth (great stuff). Coco husks are chunks of the coconut shell that range in size from small squares to larger squares. They are more like a chunk of bark than the fiborus strands. They absorb and hold moisture, but the chunkiness and texture allows great airflow. So you get the best of both worlds, which many (but not all) plants need to succeed.

here is a visual of the three I mentioned

280E1418-3DF5-4FA3-ACE3-715035644EAB.jpeg 089D94C3-AC7B-4A06-9448-49D2BDEA4E57.jpeg 3736B757-B951-4F8A-BAFF-82665D76DC32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom