2 days experience - femail veiled cham laying eggs - yikes!

Darla Marie Pelan

So, she is in her tub of soil/sand and is what i hope and assume laying eggs.

Do i leave the light on all night as well as the heat lamp? Should it be warm or cool.

I just want her to be comfortable and i cant find the specific info and its 8:00pm (bedtime normally) right now.

THANK YOU.

Man Darla you sure know how it dive into a hobby head first.:) Turn the light off, so she can get some sleep. She will most likely finish laying, cover up the eggs and in the morning be waiting for breakfast and a drink.
If there is any chance the eggs are good let me know & I will walk you through the next part.

No kidding hey? Gee golly.

Um, im not sure if she layed or not.she is digging it looks like still and taking breaks in between.

I will turn the lights off, if however your not suppose to if they have NOT layed, i guess i will turn them back on.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks. Wow, heart attack city.

It is worth it though, i find this is going to be a wonderful hobby ..and i dont know if id survive without this forum haha.

Thanks again.

they can stay in the "egg bin" for about two days..when i dont notice any digging i remove them, water, feed, then give a day of rest, then back to the bin..if temps humidity, and the soil is "burrow-able" then they will lay when they feel safe and alone..

O.K good advice. Thank you.

She rested in her tub last night...im just wondering if the soil is getting to dry for her to burrow..then should i take her out and dampen it?

Yesterday afternoon and night it just seemed like she was not getting anywhere per se.

I've produced several clutches of veiled eggs and most of my females have done the same thing. They will usually finish up when the lights come back on and head for their basking spot. When she is done make sure to give her plenty of water, laying really dehydrates them. I usually wait two days before I try feeding them to keep down any undue stress but water them more than usual until you notice them looking normal again.

I try to never deviate from my light schedule to keep the stress down and to keep from confusing the cham.

O.K.

She has left the container and my mom (im at work right now) has moistned soil/sand and gave her water through the dripper and misting. She is dark green and have obstained from giving her food.

There are no eggs to be seen.

Don't let her see you when she's digging or she will abandon the hole. If it happens often enough, it can lead to eggbinding.

This being said...they often dig several test holes but should settle on one and then dig it (often for more than a day with them returning to the branches in between digging efforts) and when they are satisfied with the hole, they will turn around butt down (usually in the evening) and lay their eggs, fill in the hole, tamp it down and return to the branches. They should be very thirsty and hungry.

Just as you said she is taking a break. Or, there are eggs in the bucket. Hopefully the latter.

Thanks for all the help, life saving - seriously.

3rd day experience just does not suffice in complete confidence.

Darla

Hang with us Darla, you are getting the hang of it & you aren't afraid to ask questions - that is a big plus.

So, seeing how i had received the little one (lola) whilst carrying eggs, I wonder, what is are there normal behaviors when not looking to nest? She is looking pretty slow and tired...i have given her plenty water and a couple of crickets in the A.M.

What is the regular amount of crickets a day usually?...with various other choices in between

Should she be going back to a lighter shade of green, to indicate healthy?

OMG. Sorry i failed to mention that yes, there are eggs ..i took out the bin and have to fetch vermiculite..i have a book of "how to" incubate ..it seems well rounded and informative enough.

I do not know if they are fertilized ..wait and see sort of thing?

Back
Top Bottom