1st time in REAL Sunshine!

Awww thanks hun! I wish he liked it :( He keeps trying to crawl out of it. I am considering doing away with it and trying a big tree... But I am not sure if he will stay in that either.

My vailed does the same. He LOVES getting out of his cage. They are very curious.

Yes, my one panther I woke up(stupidly), he tried to rip a chunk out of me with every muscle in him. I seriously underestimated their bite strength lol

Oof! So basically its rare and most likely happens when theyre not expecting you there. You gotta really startle them... does it leave a bad mark? It doesnt go to deep tho im guessing. Im sure youd have a nice line of puncture marks tho.

Id be afraid of them biting and latching on.. considering they usually leave their food hanging out their mouths for a min before they chew n ingest em... i hope i never find out lol

Awww thanks hun! I wish he liked it :( He keeps trying to crawl out of it. I am considering doing away with it and trying a big tree... But I am not sure if he will stay in that either.

It was such a nice day.. overcast but plenty of sunlight i was hoping to attempt bringing my guy out but he likes chilling in the back of his enclosure where there are close knit vines... so even if i got him on my hand if i attemped to pull him out he prob would have immediately reaches n grabbed onto another branch... lol prob shouldnt have made it so dense... but hey guess he enjoys his enclosure tho lol.

Might try getting a tree for the house and move it infront of his enclosure door when i wana bring him out.. like a 5 foot ficus ... have a branch leading out to it... and when he walks out i can grab him from the tree. And maybe hell associate that tree eventually with outside.

See (pic) his hangout and the tight knit vines...

Attachments

• 20190330_183550.jpg
    20190330_183550.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 179
Oof! So basically its rare and most likely happens when theyre not expecting you there. You gotta really startle them... does it leave a bad mark? It doesnt go to deep tho im guessing. Im sure youd have a nice line of puncture marks tho.

Id be afraid of them biting and latching on.. considering they usually leave their food hanging out their mouths for a min before they chew n ingest em... i hope i never find out lol

That's what he did, latched on lol. It wasn't terrible, I did have lines of puncture marks right between my fingers. He wasn't even full grown though, I'm sure a large veiled, panther, and definitely species larger could do damage if they tried.

That's what he did, latched on lol. It wasn't terrible, I did have lines of puncture marks right between my fingers. He wasn't even full grown though, I'm sure a large veiled, panther, and definitely species larger could do damage if they tried.
Ahhh omg... id have to fight the temptation to shake and wave my arms in the air screaming to let gooo! Hahaha

Rio is jelly. Ready to go outside... waiting for spring to finally come, if it ever comes.

img_1244-jpeg.227363

I am wondering what he's thinking... Probably "why does this hairless ape annoy me so much and what does does a chameleon have to do around here to some hornworm" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

IMG_1243.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1244.jpeg
    IMG_1244.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 253
Rio is jelly. Ready to go outside... waiting for spring to finally come, if it ever comes.

img_1244-jpeg.227363

I am wondering what he's thinking... Probably "why does this hairless ape annoy me so much and what does does a chameleon have to do around here to some hornworm" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 227364
Have you gotten the chance to take him out in the sun since you got him? I was shocked at the difference in Beman's coloring and overall very relaxed state being in the sun.

I'm sweating bullets and contemplating kevlar gloves to pick up my little Clarice... and here's Steve Irwin crawling through poison ivy in the jungle and picking up giant wild chameleons like they're kittens!!
LOL too funny right. My new neighbor that just moved in has a Veiled. Like a 4 year old I will eat your face off Male Veiled. He was shocked by how friendly Beman was and I really never have had a clear understanding of what yall mean by "grumpy" when referring to yours. So anyways I went to "meet" his. Holy heck he got him out but within like 90 seconds the big man opened his mouth super big and went to grab ahold of his finger.
Now I have a much better understanding of what yall go through with your "grumpy chams" and I am sooooo thankful I found Beman lol.

Back
Top Bottom