1st shed

Vinesar21

Avid Member
1st shed since i got him, but he's just chilling at the top. Im assuming because of the shedding, to stretch more??? really curious what colors he will show after the shed ?

Attachments

• IMG-20201028-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20201028-WA0013.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20201028-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20201028-WA0012.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 90
1st shed since i got him, but he's just chilling at the top. Im assuming because of the shedding, to stretch more??? really curious what colors he will show after the shed ?
Is he right under the heat lamp? If so this is a thermal burn risk.

Depending on wattage that may be too hot for him though.
50 watt but it seems he sits more under uvb, i tried putting him down and he goes back up, i pushed the heating lamp away twards the edge and turned off

Attachments

• IMG-20201028-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20201028-WA0028.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 54
50 watt but it seems he sits more under uvb, i tried putting him down and he goes back up, i pushed the heating lamp away twards the edge and turned off
Well sitting that close to the UVB is not safe either. Would be exposed to levels that are too high. What are your temps at the branch? How far away are the branches?

My chams go bonkers when they shed: there’s no keeping them off anything. To be safe, you could turn off your bulbs for the day or two it takes to shed, if he’s determined to do the crazy panther thing and cage walk.

My chams go bonkers when they shed: there’s no keeping them off anything. To be safe, you could turn off your bulbs for the day or two it takes to shed, if he’s determined to do the crazy panther thing and cage walk.
Yea, I turned off the heating bulb, he's almost done, he's just dragging his body on the branches now

Well sitting that close to the UVB is not safe either. Would be exposed to levels that are too high. What are your temps at the branch? How far away are the branches?
Mid 70's under the uvb and the height is 5" highest and 7" lowest from the uvb to the branches

Ok so with the T5 and a 5.0 bulb you need a 9 inch distance below that UVB bulb to the branch. No closer then that. So you want to lift that T5 up off the screen a few inches then.
See, this is why i can't turst any reptile store sale guy, i swear they dont know anything and God forbid you try to contradict with them.... But thanks again for the save, i shall raise it up ASAP

See, this is why i can't turst any reptile store sale guy, i swear they dont know anything and God forbid you try to contradict with them.... But thanks again for the save, i shall raise it up ASAP
This will at least be safer as well with him still screen climbing. kick it up like 2-3 inches. So your total distance needs to be 9 inches to roughly get a 3 UVI at basking below the bulb.

Back
Top Bottom