135 gallons what to do, what to do?

Jaguargecko

Okay, I gave a 135 gallon to my uncle years ago he never set it up and well I’m more into Reptiles then fish which is why I gave that tank away. Now, pygmies are obvious I was thinking a huge Pygmy build but what do you all think!? If I go pygmies I would love to get some larger ones like B. brygooi. But obviously something active enough to make use of this huge investment in space. I don’t plan on packing this tank with a ton of pygmies nor do I plan on mixing species. Bring on the good ideas!!!:D

Lol. That sounds like a bunch of craziness. But I actually keep some anoles and I think they are pretty awesome.

A man of taste I see, well post pics, I love anoles.

I don't know what kind you've kept but a trio of Cuban Knight anoles would fit that tank well but they aren't as personable or outgoing as the smaller species.

Okay, I gave a 135 gallon to my uncle years ago he never set it up and well I’m more into Reptiles then fish which is why I gave that tank away. Now, pygmies are obvious I was thinking a huge Pygmy build but what do you all think!? If I go pygmies I would love to get some larger ones like B. brygooi. But obviously something active enough to make use of this huge investment in space. I don’t plan on packing this tank with a ton of pygmies nor do I plan on mixing species. Bring on the good ideas!!!:D

I think it’d be dope to do a bioactive Pygmy environment. With a tank that size you could do a pretty sweet setup with spray foam and such. I live when people embrace they're creative side. From my understanding, make sure you have the space setup right so that each Pygmy can claim it’s own little nook. Or you could just give a single Pygmy a mansion

Pygmies of course, chinese crocodile lizard paludarium, vampire crabs, a communal species like armadillo lizards... just off the top of my head

Aren't those venemous? I remember on a trip to tanzania I caught one, and some locals told me they are venemous. Maybe they were just trying to scare me, idk.
Google says no.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-23-13-17-18.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-23-13-17-18.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 169
well look what google says about the frogs:

"That said, it's important to note here that housing thumbnail dart frogs and mourning geckos is not recommended. The smaller size of thumbnails may make them appetizing to a large and ambitious mourning gecko"

Aren't those venemous? I remember on a trip to tanzania I caught one, and some locals told me they are venemous. Maybe they were just trying to scare me, idk.

No they aren't, or if they are, it's no worse than a bearded dragons.

Attachments

• IMG_20180718_073444.jpg
    IMG_20180718_073444.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20180718_073420.jpg
    IMG_20180718_073420.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 191
Pygmies of course, chinese crocodile lizard paludarium, vampire crabs, a communal species like armadillo lizards... just off the top of my head
I love the crocodile lizard idea that guy slipped my mind! That would be a fun build too. Hmm that is definitely worth a sketch out and some serious thought. Thanks!
what are thumbnails?
Small dartfrogs often in the Ranitomeya genus

Back
Top Bottom